Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Creating a Paid Directory Site... will this work?

13 years 1 month ago #176047 by hockey2112
It sounds like pretty much exactly what we need. Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 years 1 month ago #176273 by hockey2112
Nick,

I tried installing CB on my Joomla 1.7 JA T3 framework website this week so that we can get our project rolling, but I am receiving this error message: "Error building Admin Menus". It is a fresh new installation of Joomla. I literally just installed JA T3 1.7 and immediately tried to install CB 1.7 via the Extension Manager and was presented with that error message.

I found this solution ( www.joomlapolis.com/forum/146-general/171339-community-builder-not-creating-admin-menus#176069 ), but when I go into the database, there is no item at all under jos_menu called "comprofiler", so there is no ID for me to update.

Any ideas on how I can fix this issue?

Thanks!

• nant
  • nant
13 years 1 month ago #176289 by nant

hockey2112 wrote: Nick,

I tried installing CB on my Joomla 1.7 JA T3 framework website this week so that we can get our project rolling, but I am receiving this error message: "Error building Admin Menus". It is a fresh new installation of Joomla. I literally just installed JA T3 1.7 and immediately tried to install CB 1.7 via the Extension Manager and was presented with that error message.

I found this solution ( www.joomlapolis.com/forum/146-general/171339-community-builder-not-creating-admin-menus#176069 ), but when I go into the database, there is no item at all under jos_menu called "comprofiler", so there is no ID for me to update.

Any ideas on how I can fix this issue?

Thanks!

Thats the solution you found for that Joomla bug (also encountered with other extensions).

Nothing more to suggest as there must be something left over in the database causing the issue.

If nothing is found then unfortunately you need to maybe drop the database and start over.

13 years 1 month ago #176296 by hockey2112
I actually deleted the database altogether and the problem still occurred.

I then wiped the server and dropped the db again and installed the official Joomla 1.7. I then installed CB (successfully) and then installed the JA T3 plugin with the extension manager. Looks like it was a complete success.

I then wiped the server and dropped the db yet again and installed the official Joomla 1.7. I installed the JA T3 plugin with the extension manager and then installed CB (successfully). Looks like it was a complete success as well.

So maybe there's something in the JA T3 quickstart package (which includes J 1.7 and the T3 framework already integrated) that doesn't play nice with the CB installation package. I will duplicate this post on the Joomlart forums as well, and hopefully my experience will help others. :)

• nant
  • nant
13 years 1 month ago #176299 by nant

13 years 1 month ago #176302 by hockey2112
Hey, that's what a community is all about, right? :)

Moderators: beatnantkrileon