Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Pre Sales CB Subs and Membership

• dino345
  • dino345
12 years 9 months ago #188615 by dino345
Pre Sales CB Subs and Membership was created by dino345
Hello,

Is CB Subs available if I get a Professional Membership ? Also, I would like to know

1.) if we can hide "emails address" and "phone number" exchanges when users of the website message each other.
2.) Can we have users registered in categories like "Tradesman" and "Normal User". Tradesman should be searchable where normal users can search Tradesman category of Users.
3.) This category of Tradesman should have hidden fields by CB Subs where normal users have to pay to get in touch with TradesMan.
4.) If Tradesman is a Premium User or a Subscriber, their details are not hidden.

Please tell me if all this is achievable and if Cb Subs is included in any membership package.

Regards...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• dino345
  • dino345
12 years 9 months ago #188616 by dino345
Replied by dino345 on topic Re: Pre Sales CB Subs and Membership
Also forgot to mention, it would be great if there is any IM solution I can incorporate. I would like to have Facebook like chat functionality where users and chat with each other but cannot exchange "email addresses" or "Phone numbers". Not sure if this is possible. Thnx in advance.

• nant
  • nant
12 years 9 months ago #188630 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: Pre Sales CB Subs and Membership

dino345 wrote: Hello,

Is CB Subs available if I get a Professional Membership ?

No, CBSubs is a separate license purchase.

If you read something that made you think that it is included in Professional membership please paste URL and confusing part and we will make clearer if possible.

1.) if we can hide "emails address" and "phone number" exchanges when users of the website message each other.

You can hide emails on profiles and you can use a private messaging extension (uddeIM recommended) to not have users send emails to each other.

2.) Can we have users registered in categories like "Tradesman" and "Normal User". Tradesman should be searchable where normal users can search Tradesman category of Users.

You can use a CB field to characterize your members or you can use CBSubs subscription plan also as a method to categorize.

3.) This category of Tradesman should have hidden fields by CB Subs where normal users have to pay to get in touch with TradesMan.

Yes, you can hide/show specific CB Tabs / Fields based on subscription present (CBSUbs).

4.) If Tradesman is a Premium User or a Subscriber, their details are not hidden.

See answer #3

Please tell me if all this is achievable and if Cb Subs is included in any membership package.

Regards...

CBSubs should handle this just fine - already answered membership package part.
The following user(s) said Thank You: dino345

• nant
  • nant
12 years 9 months ago #188631 by nant

dino345 wrote: Also forgot to mention, it would be great if there is any IM solution I can incorporate. I would like to have Facebook like chat functionality where users and chat with each other but cannot exchange "email addresses" or "Phone numbers". Not sure if this is possible. Thnx in advance.

Private messaging can be configured by installing uddeIM.

Chat extensions are available on JED - I have no experience with any of them.
The following user(s) said Thank You: dino345

• dino345
  • dino345
12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #188700 by dino345
Replied by dino345 on topic Re: Pre Sales CB Subs and Membership
Thank you for your prompt response. I would also like to know is it ok to have testing server on a different domain name for CB Subs ? I would be using DomainA.com/CbSubs as testing server and DomainB.com will be the real site.

Also, good to know I can use CB Fields to categorize, but can I search users based on a categorized field, for example - Search users in "Tradesman Category"
Last edit: 12 years 9 months ago by dino345.

• nant
  • nant
12 years 9 months ago #188705 by nant

dino345 wrote: Thank you for your prompt response. I would also like to know is it ok to have testing server on a different domain name for CB Subs ? I would be using DomainA.com/CbSubs as testing server and DomainB.com will be the real site.

CBSubs license is a floating license.

You can use it on one production site and one testing/development site.
No need to specify domain name. License will float just fine.

Also, good to know I can use CB Fields to categorize, but can I search users based on a categorized field, for example - Search users in "Tradesman Category"

You can create a CB User List with such a field in it.
If you make the CB Field as searchable you can search by it when you see the CB User list.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon