Skip to Content Skip to Menu

CBSubs for our Diving Club?

• fribse2011
  • fribse2011
11 years 8 months ago #219746 by fribse2011
Replied by fribse2011 on topic CBSubs for our Diving Club?
Very interesting, thankyou for the info.
I'm going to take the product under consideration, the price is quite high for our small diving club of under 100 members, but it would lighten the burden on the volunteer workforce (me of course, and others).

Best regards
Fribse

Frømandsklubben Nikon, www.nikondyk.dk
We're a volunteer driven diving club in Ishøj, Denmark.
Har du brug for en dykkerklub der rummer alle, så kom ned til os.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• wallyhowe
  • wallyhowe
11 years 8 months ago #220360 by wallyhowe
Replied by wallyhowe on topic CBSubs for our Diving Club?
I have just come across this thread.

I am a volunteer webmaster for a tennis and squash club so have very similar requirements to the diving club. Tennis subs are renewed in April and has varions levels of membership. Squash renews in September and also has varios membership levels.

I use CB for the Membership details and have been seeking a membership system that integrates with CB but handles products independent from access to Joomla content.

We have two kinds of discount. If a member joins both tennis and squash as full members (e.g. not junior or off-peak) they get a discount and if there are other members in the family they all get a (different) discount.

CB user records hold the data which identifies which users qualify.

Does the CB Subs subscription calculator allow rules to be used that can modify the defined subscription amount based on other data in the user record?

I currently use nBill to do all the subscription and invoice management but it is a pain as there is little integration and much duplication.

Thank you

Wallyhowe

• nant
  • nant
11 years 8 months ago #220365 by nant
Replied by nant on topic CBSubs for our Diving Club?

wallyhowe wrote: I have just come across this thread.

I am a volunteer webmaster for a tennis and squash club so have very similar requirements to the diving club. Tennis subs are renewed in April and has varions levels of membership. Squash renews in September and also has varios membership levels.

I use CB for the Membership details and have been seeking a membership system that integrates with CB but handles products independent from access to Joomla content.

We have two kinds of discount. If a member joins both tennis and squash as full members (e.g. not junior or off-peak) they get a discount and if there are other members in the family they all get a (different) discount.

CB user records hold the data which identifies which users qualify.

Does the CB Subs subscription calculator allow rules to be used that can modify the defined subscription amount based on other data in the user record?

I currently use nBill to do all the subscription and invoice management but it is a pain as there is little integration and much duplication.

Thank you

Wallyhowe

CBSubs can handle non-exclusive plans (means that someone can join both tennis plan and squash plan. Each plan have have its own duration settings and its own physical calendar if needed.

CBSubs has a powerful promotions system that allows you to automatically give discounted prices based on other existing (or expired) subscriptions or even based on a CB field value of the purchaser.

Example: Tennis plan subscription is automatically slashed by 10% (or by 10 euro) if the purchaser is already a member of the squash plan or if the users CB field has a specific value in it (e.g., if user is a woman - cb_gender = woman).

It is very powerful.

• wallyhowe
  • wallyhowe
11 years 8 months ago #220470 by wallyhowe
Replied by wallyhowe on topic CBSubs for our Diving Club?
Sounds just the job. I will trial it.
Many thanks

Wally

Moderators: beatnantkrileon