Skip to Content Skip to Menu

CB Subs not autorecurring

13 years 2 weeks ago #178406 by byrannewell
Replied by byrannewell on topic Re: CB Subs not autorecurring

krileon wrote: If I understand correctly you've a $10 subscription that is recurring. You've given some users a coupon which makes that plan free and for the free users it is not auto-recurring. However the actual paid users are renewing as expected and is just the free users who are not, is this correct?

I don't know if the paid users are being charged or not. We only have two so far—our test account, and another subscriber. Our initial test account did NOT get auto-charged, but it seemed to have conflicting information in the backend. We made a new test account to test the charges, and it seems like it WILL be going through.

You can see the backend subscription tab here: dl.dropbox.com/u/271803/subscription2.tiff
As you can see, "autorenew type" is set to "manual". This is true for ALL plans without a credit card, for some reason. Also, "autorecurring type" is set to "not autorecurring"—also for plans without a credit card.

That clearly doesn't seem correct, so barring me from being able to find the offending components/plugins that are stopping me from changing the CB user subscription in the backend, what fields need to be changed in the SQL, and to what values?

Just as importantly, WHY is this happening?

krileon wrote: Please check your plan and on the Pricing tab ensure "Auto-recurring renewals (*)::" is set to "Yes: subscribe user to automatic recurring payments (*)" to ensure a subscription is forced. As if it's single payments only or users choice then they're forced into manual payments or they've chosen manual payments during the payment process. Please also ensure your payment gateway it self (paypal for example) is configured within CBSubs to accept recurring payments as this will determine how or what button is displayed as well.

I've attached a screenshot of the plan's pricing tab here: dl.dropbox.com/u/271803/pricing.tiff
There are also two screenshots of the promotion tab:
dl.dropbox.com/u/271803/promotion.tiff
dl.dropbox.com/u/271803/promotion2.tiff
I think I've set them up properly. Our payment gateway is authorize.net, and is set up for auto-recurring payments. Here is a screenshot: dl.dropbox.com/u/271803/gateway.jpg

krileon wrote: Please disable or uninstall the conflicting component so you can properly use CBs backend. I also recommend upgrading to CB 1.7 and simply removing or trying to replace the out of date plugins.

If it were that simple, I would've done that already. Right now (although I can't use the user area properly of the CB backend), my website works. I can't take the chance of upgrading, and possibly have a broken site. And unfortunately, it's not just "simply removing plugins" or trying to replace them—the plugins I installed have been heavily customized so our site can work how we want. Many don't work with CB 1.7, and I have been unable to find replacements. I feel like I'm stuck, and boy, I wish it were easier!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
13 years 2 weeks ago #178472 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: CB Subs not autorecurring
It seams as if the plans which are becoming free by way of coupon are being forced into a single payment rather then an auto recurring subscription. If you could please PM backend super administrator login credentials would be happy to take a look as it certainly shouldn't be behaving in such a manner unless single payment button was used.

Please note for your plans that allow recurring payment please ensure they have a minimum of 3 days grace period to allow for IPNs to reach your site so subscriptions will be auto renewed properly.

If it were that simple, I would've done that already. Right now (although I can't use the user area properly of the CB backend), my website works. I can't take the chance of upgrading, and possibly have a broken site. And unfortunately, it's not just "simply removing plugins" or trying to replace them—the plugins I installed have been heavily customized so our site can work how we want. Many don't work with CB 1.7, and I have been unable to find replacements. I feel like I'm stuck, and boy, I wish it were easier!

That's quite an unfortunate situation. Perhaps if you provide your needs maybe able to suggest something that is more up to date and well maintained?

It seams like an absolute large issue if you can't properly edit users from backend! However, would be glad to take a look if you could please PM backend super administrator login credentials will try and see what could be causing the conflict exactly (could be as simple as a fatal JS error we'd hope!).

There is a bug in previous CB releases that could cause this if you're on J1.6/J1.7 though that is only fixed by updating CB however.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• krileon
  • krileon
13 years 2 weeks ago #178586 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: CB Subs not autorecurring
Have reviewed your install and the reason you can't save profiles in backend is due to the plugin CB My Videos (cb.video). I've disabled this for you in CB > Plugin Management and confirmed backend profile saves. This plugin is the culprit of numerous other issues based off other users findings and do not recommend using it or at least contacting the developer for an explanation. You're welcome to re-enable if you absolutely must have it however.

I've also installed CBSubs Tax for you as it is required for CBSubs Promotions. I've also installed the CBSubs Bot, which you did not have installed and is required for CBSubs to operate properly. This could be the result of your authorize.net payments not renewing properly.

Regarding promotions it seams when the promotion is applied it is forcing the subscription into a "free trial", which is a single payment and won't renew. I've contacted Beat regarding this as to whether it's supposed to be working as such.

Also regarding Authorize.net am not too familiar with its setup and as such have contacted Beat for further review. It would seam ARB isn't configured appropriately, but this could also be a result of not having CBSubs installed properly (missing CBSubs Bot, which have now installed for you).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 2 weeks ago #178655 by byrannewell
Replied by byrannewell on topic Re: CB Subs not autorecurring
Thank you, Krileon, for figuring out the backend save issue! It amazes me that a plugin which works so well in the frontend can disrupt so much in the backend. I think I came across another plugin that had the same functionality (albeit it with a high cost), so I'll look into getting that.

Thank you for installing CBSubs Tax and CBSubs Bot—hopefully because those plugins were not installed, will be the root of my issue. I re-read the manual, and I didn't seem to find anywhere that indicated they were required, so that may want to be updated in the future.

Please let me know what Beat says. Authorize.net says everything is configured properly on their end. If it turns out that the "free trial" won't renew, then I'll have to manually go into the SQL and change the expiration date of the free trial users. Hopefully affecting that will not affect anything else...

I'm thankful CBPromotions exists. With that being said, some additional functionality should be explored in future iterations. I'd like to suggest free trials, with [undetermined] periods and admin-controllable credit card input. A coupon code for "6MonthsFree", for instance, would give the user 6 months free, that didn't ask for a credit card. A coupon code for "2MonthsFree" would give them 2 months free, but would ask for a credit card. A coupon code for "LifetimeFree" would accomplish it's namesake.

Again—many thanks. I look forward to hearing what Beat says.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon