Skip to Content Skip to Menu

CBSubs subscription paid with AlphaUserPoints

13 years 2 weeks ago #179110 by paula.gomez
Hi,

Is it possible to make a subscription with CBSubs that uses AlphaUserPoints as form of payments, and decreases points of users?

Thanks,
Paula.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
13 years 2 weeks ago #179120 by nant

paula.gomez wrote: Hi,

Is it possible to make a subscription with CBSubs that uses AlphaUserPoints as form of payments, and decreases points of users?

Thanks,
Paula.

Hmmm, interesting concept.

Nothing out of the box but you might be able to use the following approach:

Lets forget alphauserpoints for a moment and assume that each user has a number of currency credits in a CB field.

You can setup a promotion to use this field as a gift certificate / wallet promotion (described in the documentation actually). This way they can use whatever credits they have against actual payments - if they do not have enough, then they would be charged the difference.

This approach can be used with existing CBSubs. Now you will just have to focus on getting alphauserpoints into a CB field and possible subtracting userpoints when credits are used against a purchase.

• dotcom22
  • dotcom22
12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #201119 by dotcom22
I'm looking for something like that but not absolutely using Alphauserpoint if this can be avoided. The best would be to use CB + Cbsubs only for avoid to install another component..

In fact I would like setup several "free" yearly plan and allow user to subscribe only if they have enough points. My goal will be to attribute point/credit to each member who post for example a blog topic. That mean is possible to easily setup a CB Query field who will fetch the number of blog posted by user (1 topic = 1 point).

Then the problem is to know:

- how to deal whit this "point value" for let user subscribe
- how to deduce points by taking care to value who will increase when user post new topic

However I presume is not so easy and it will not possible actually to do something reliable. Of course AlphaUserPoint is a great tool and the best would be to add payment feature in your current CBSubs Alpha plugin...

any comment ?

I use Joomla 3.3.6 - CB 2.0.4 - CBSubs 4 - Several Incubator plugins
Last edit: 12 years 5 months ago by dotcom22.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 5 months ago #201153 by krileon
As Nick described above you can use a field to hold points or whatever you would like to call them then apply them as a discount using the promotions integration. How you add to that field or subtract from that field is entirely up to you. I recommend having it a read only integer field.

To add/subtract points outside of CB you'll need to develop something to interact with whatever you're trying to add/subtract points for; often this can be done with a Joomla system plugin and monitoring the after render trigger for specific parameters in the URL.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• dotcom22
  • dotcom22
12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #201185 by dotcom22
Ok I will see how to do..

Otherwise do you plan to improve your CBsubs plugin for support AlphaUserPoints and let user pay with points? In fact AlphaUserPoints seem to be the best tools because we can interact with many others things by default...

I use Joomla 3.3.6 - CB 2.0.4 - CBSubs 4 - Several Incubator plugins
Last edit: 12 years 5 months ago by dotcom22.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 5 months ago #201187 by krileon

Otherwise do you plan to improve your CBsubs plugin for support AlphaUserPoints and let user pay with points?

Nope.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon