Skip to Content Skip to Menu

CBSubs subscription paid with AlphaUserPoints

• dotcom22
  • dotcom22
12 years 5 months ago #201210 by dotcom22
So due to the fact is not possible to use AlphaUserPoints for pay plan, I'm looking for try to make it possible using CB and CBsubs only with your Wallet concept..

However I don't see how to apply this to my case. Like I said, I would like propose several yearly "free" plan and allow users to upgrade according to the number of "points" they have. By admitting I found a solution for add point inside the CB Wallet field, I don't see how to use this field for setup a promotion even after reading the usage case explained in the doc.

Example:

I have 2 plan named Plan A who cost 100 points and Plan B who cost 300 points but I don't understand how to setup the price for that plan. I must set a yearly price of 0 or set 100 (that mean 100 points) and create and use if possible a special currency "Point" instead to EUR ??

My goal would be to always display all available Plan and allow user to subscribe/upgrade to it only if they CB Wallet field contain enough point. Actually this seem to not be possible because the Workflow allow me to hide/show plan based of CB field (typically based on CB Wallet) but do not permit to always show plan and to disallow to subscribe if points are not enough...

I use Joomla 3.3.6 - CB 2.0.4 - CBSubs 4 - Several Incubator plugins

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
12 years 4 months ago #201224 by nant
You cannot change the currency to points.

You can allow people to pay with money they have in a cb field - please study the wallet example in the documentation.

You can conditionally show a plan based on a CB field criteria also.

• dotcom22
  • dotcom22
12 years 4 months ago #201230 by dotcom22

You can allow people to pay with money they have in a cb field - please study the wallet example in the documentation.

yes I take a look about that but the only manner seem to set a coupon code who must be used during payment process and introduce that code inside the promotion field... In my case I would like not set a coupon code but only allow users to subscribe to my free specific plan if they have enough points.

You can conditionally show a plan based on a CB field criteria also.

yes that mean I can show a specific plan if for example the field Wallet contain at least 100 points...but my goal was to show always all plan and conditionally allow to subscribe only if the Wallet field contain enough points.

• nant
  • nant
12 years 4 months ago #201243 by nant

dotcom22 wrote: yes I take a look about that but the only manner seem to set a coupon code who must be used during payment process and introduce that code inside the promotion field... In my case I would like not set a coupon code but only allow users to subscribe to my free specific plan if they have enough points.

You can configure the promotion to be automatic. Please study the documentation.
You do not need to have a coupon if you don't want to.

yes that mean I can show a specific plan if for example the field Wallet contain at least 100 points...but my goal was to show always all plan and conditionally allow to subscribe only if the Wallet field contain enough points.

Not sure you can do this or even if it makes sense.
Why show a plan to someone if you do not allow them to subscribe?

• dotcom22
  • dotcom22
12 years 4 months ago #201247 by dotcom22

For explain, show and compare all plan available with all their features even if for some plan is not possible to subscribe. It is a bit like when you play a game and you see all powerful fighters you can get if you have enough points...but right now are not available (their image grayed) due to your poor points amount...

• nant
  • nant
12 years 4 months ago #201249 by nant

dotcom22 wrote:

For explain, show and compare all plan available with all their features even if for some plan is not possible to subscribe. It is a bit like when you play a game and you see all powerful fighters you can get if you have enough points...but right now are not available (their image grayed) due to your poor points amount...

Well CBSubs does not have such a feature.

You can easily do this in a Joomla article or a CB Content module using CB substitutions.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon