Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Problem with CB Connect FB button

• basidee
  • basidee
12 years 9 months ago #186764 by basidee
Replied by basidee on topic Re: Problem with CB Connect FB button
Ok. I have followed the instructions, created the apps and configured the plugin, but the results are not as expected.

I have been able to connect to FB the user info is showing in the connect list backend. But I was already logged into the website before clicking on the FB button.

When I tried to connect via Twitter as a guest, it took me through the process alright, but registered a new user with the following details:

Name - Bassey Daniel
E-mail - 84172493@invalid.com
Username - basidee_84172493

then I was redirected to the website. I landed on the correct return url as configured backend, but with the access rights of a guest.

Google also took me through the process, but created a user with these details.

Name - smeclub
E-mail - 09964354629028628855@invalid.com
Username - smeclub_09964354629028628855

These new users are visible both in the user management view and the plugin connected list.

Now, I have CBSubs installed with users required to choose a free membership plan (i.e. no users can exist without a subscription plan). That probably explains why it treats me as a guest after redirecting me back to the site - I am required to choose a subscription plan to be recognized as a user.

But why is it creating users with invalid usernames and email addresses?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• basidee
  • basidee
12 years 9 months ago #186765 by basidee
Now, I went ahead and subscribed to the free plan using smeclub_09964354629028628855 username. CBsubs accepted the subscription, but I was not able to login with this username and the password I used to connect via Google. So it appears this new user was created without a password.

All this while the CB login form was displayed as it would to a guest. So, while CB Connect and CBsubs saw me as a user, CBlogin saw me as a guest.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 9 months ago #186776 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Problem with CB Connect FB button
Disable the registration redirect if you require a subscription. This should let CBSubs redirect the user on login to a plans page for them to subscribe. You can see an example of this on our CBSubs demo site.

But why is it creating users with invalid usernames and email addresses?

Neither Twitter or Google provide an email address so they are given an invalid address so registration can complete. The users connect ID is only tacked on the end of the username if a user with that username is already registered.

Joomla version? CB version? CB Connect version? Please disable all caching as it can cause issues as you're experiencing.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• basidee
  • basidee
12 years 9 months ago #186805 by basidee
Do LinkedIn and Windows Live provide an email address?

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 9 months ago #186910 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Problem with CB Connect FB button
LinkedIn, No. Windows Live, Yes.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon