Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[SOLVED] CB COnnect user access level

• tick1970
  • tick1970
12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #188646 by tick1970
[SOLVED] CB COnnect user access level was created by tick1970
I have installed FB, Twitter and Windows LIve, and when users register they are able to see menus that are only for special access. Ill look around but is there a way to set the access level for CB Connect registrations
Last edit: 12 years 9 months ago by krileon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• tick1970
  • tick1970
12 years 9 months ago #188648 by tick1970
Replied by tick1970 on topic Re: CB COnnect user access level
I should add, I have 2 menus which are for special access only. registered users can see the menu but when clik cant access it which is fine, but I was wondering is there a way for it to stay invisible so that I can run tests on it?

• nant
  • nant
12 years 9 months ago #188652 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: CB COnnect user access level
[mod note: moved to Professional forum area]

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 9 months ago #188658 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: CB COnnect user access level
Joomla version? CB version? CB Connect version? It's possible this is due to the below bug in Joomla.

github.com/joomla/joomla-platform/pull/740

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• tick1970
  • tick1970
12 years 9 months ago #188662 by tick1970
Replied by tick1970 on topic Re: CB COnnect user access level
Joomla 1.5.25
CB 1.7
Connect 2.1

Its just I thought that if someone is a registered user, a menu tab that is for special access would not be shown.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 9 months ago #188663 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: CB COnnect user access level

Joomla 1.5.25

Never heard of this issue on J1.5 unless the user belongs to a usergroup considered Special (basically anything above "Registered").

CB 1.7

Please upgrade to CB 1.7.1.

Its just I thought that if someone is a registered user, a menu tab that is for special access would not be shown.

It depends on what usergroup they belong to. Please check the user within CB > User Management to see what usergroup they registered as. You can also change what usergroup they register as within CB Connect configuration.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon