Skip to Content Skip to Menu

what are these CBSubs 1.3 / CB 1.8 RC1 errors?

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 8 months ago #191268 by krileon

I was pretty sure I clicked all the links last nite with testing things. I'll try again -.... any thoughts with the time stamp issue? If it thinks it's sending in the past - will it ever really send?

I believe it uses UTC so it should send regardless. Believe a lot of CBSubs uses UTC as it's completely accurate, but waiting for Beat for further clarification if this is correct.

and I didnt think Tax plug in was required if not collecting tax but it is to use Mailer ?

Promotions and Mailer plugin require the Tax plugin for the geo information.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• ellare
  • ellare
12 years 8 months ago #191329 by ellare
installed CBSUbs_Tax and errors are gone!

thx

now on to the flushing/send process issues

• ellare
  • ellare
12 years 8 months ago #191333 by ellare
ok so i created the mailer, then i clicked on the third link (did this last night) and it created a queue of 52 awaiting emails.

today - i edited the mailer text. clicked on second link as Nant directed and get the message "No messages in messages queue to be sent."

and i logged in to the site on the front end (as the mailer is set to send with a site log in).

if I click first link on Automation Settings - i get this "Processed 3 messages into the email queue."

what am i doing wrong here?

i dont understand the queue and execute process obviously...

i've deleted all emails from the queue and have only just a mailer built. now what do i do (and how to test?)

thanks
LrG

• ellare
  • ellare
12 years 8 months ago #191334 by ellare
I also clicked on 3rd link and then check-mark selected all the emails in the queue, then clicked "Send EMails" button top right, and went back to Automation Settings. Clicked 2nd link - nothing happened.

thanks
lrg

• nant
  • nant
12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #191347 by nant
Documentation does state that Mailer plugin needs Tax plugin installed (please verify).

The 3 links in the Automation area do the following:

first link populates the queue based on active mailers
second link sends all items in queue
third does both at same time

The way I use it is I first click on first one and then verify that the queue is in fact filled properly according to expectation.

You can remove queued items if you want to start over (there is a delete button).

If you are satisfied with queued items you can click on second link to process the queue (sending emails and/or private messages in it).

The send mails button always takes you to automation settings - perhaps it is confusing (has tricked me also) and should be removed from there.
Last edit: 12 years 8 months ago by nant.

• ellare
  • ellare
12 years 8 months ago #191351 by ellare
ok ... so when I click on the "process queue" link - nothing happens. I get the message that tehre were 0 emails to process even though there are 50+ emails in the queue.

I then log on as test user (my mailer 'action' is "at site login - do this") and there is no email generated after my site log in.

I'm sorry to be a pest- but how exactly does this work?

I've been doing:

1. build mailer with an email action to be done at site log-in
2. build queue
3. execute ("flush") queue
4. do site log in

no email action is generated

Moderators: beatnantkrileon