Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[SOLVED] Coupons and Taxes Problem

• austega
  • austega
12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 6 months ago #191725 by austega
[SOLVED] Coupons and Taxes Problem was created by austega
test.sag.org.au/joining/join-us-now.html - or really the subsequent (payment) page. Two fixed amount coupons are active CONC and JOINT2ND, both set up with pre tax prices. Australian taxes (GST).

J1.5.25
CB1.8.0RC2
CBS1.3.0RC

I am having difficulties getting taxes to continue to display properly when I add a discount coupon to the payments page.

I have found three earlier forum messages on this topic, but none with a resolution shown:

I have attached a before and after screen shot - but I can see what is shown depends on the Settings | Display | Invoices | Totaliser settings, and have been able to achieve an alternate outcome where taxes show correctly again, but the coupon appears to have no effect. But I haven't yet been able to find a combination that shows taxes and coupon appropriately at the same time.

I expect there is an answer but have also not found a helpful resource on what these settings are designed to do let alone how they should be set. Is there such a piece of documentation that I have missed?

Happy to share login credentials by PM.
Attachments:
Last edit: 12 years 6 months ago by krileon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• austega
  • austega
12 years 7 months ago #194016 by austega
Replied by austega on topic Re: Coupons and Taxes Problem
Is there any movement on this one? I haven't heard back since we talked about access credentials...

Thanks - David

• beat
  • beat
12 years 7 months ago #194093 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re: Coupons and Taxes Problem
Looking at it right now. :)

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

• beat
  • beat
12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #194098 by beat
Found one reason:

You have set owner to 1 for the 24-hours access plan. I changed that one to 0 and now the tax appears as expected.

However only owner value of 0 in plans is supported for taxes and promotions at this point (CBSubs 1.2.2 and 1.3.0 RC1).

Added feature for fix in upcoming CBSubs 1.3.0 release:
#3344 Taxes and Promotions do not work with plan owner not = 0

Can you please confirm that this was your problem ?

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info
Last edit: 12 years 7 months ago by beat.

• austega
  • austega
12 years 7 months ago #194164 by austega
Replied by austega on topic Re: Coupons and Taxes Problem
Thanks Beat.

The owner = 1 setting was to allow the displayed payment gateways to vary by selected plan (as per suggestion from I think Krileon) - so that for example a user could not pay by cheque for a 24 hour access plan.

However on testing the coupon/tax combination now (with all plans having owner = 0) I am still getting the same problem as before (see attached image). Am I missing something?

David
Attachments:

• beat
  • beat
12 years 7 months ago #194172 by beat
While i can reproduce on your test-site, i'm unable to reproduce locally this GST of 0 on my test server using latest development build.

I've sent it to you by email.

Please install this new development CBSubs release on your test-site (installing over CBSubs and all installed integration plugins), and let me know by email if it works or not.

Thanks for your help in finding and fixing that bugger.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon