Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[#3390] Auto Action to allocate a user to a specific group

• ortomedia
  • ortomedia
12 years 6 months ago #195681 by ortomedia
Hi guys,

I am having some problems with CB Auto actions that are again stopping me from launching a site for a client.

I have CB 1.8 installed and need to assign users to a specific user group on registration so have used the CB auto actions plugin and configured it according to the guides. I have also installed the 3354.patch code to the correct place and using the 2.4.1 version of CB auto actions. And yet the plugin still doesn't work after registration.

The user groups are being changed and I have tried 'replace' and 'add' for the user group Mode and nothing seems to work.

I am using Joomla 2.5.3 and CB 1.8 with CBAutoactions 2.4.1.
I've also attached 2 screen shots, one of the settings I have made and then one of the results.

Any help would be much appreciated but I cannot provide admin access to this site unfortunately.

Thanks,

Shorn.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• ortomedia
  • ortomedia
12 years 6 months ago #195685 by ortomedia
Sorry, just realised that we are waiting for an update to the plugin before it will work. I'll hang on for version 2.4.2 and hope that works....

Thanks.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 6 months ago #195710 by krileon
As stated in my previous reply it fails after registration due to a bug in CB it self. Please see my previous post for forge ticket. A new release of CB Auto Actions will not and can not fix this.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• xborg
  • xborg
12 years 6 months ago - 12 years 6 months ago #198707 by xborg
I am having the same problem as OP.
Last edit: 12 years 6 months ago by xborg.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 5 months ago #198768 by krileon

xborg wrote: I am having the same problem as OP.

Please read my previous reply. Then the previous post before that. It's a bug in CB.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/3354

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• rnomis
  • rnomis
12 years 5 months ago #198774 by rnomis
Kyle,

Does the 3354.patch you wrote fix this or should we wait for the 1.8.1 CB? Any ideas on timescale for the 1.8.1 release?

Thanks

Moderators: beatnantkrileon