Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[#3390] Auto Action to allocate a user to a specific group

• rnomis
  • rnomis
12 years 7 months ago #194365 by rnomis
Thanks for that.

I am using 2.4.0 which is the latest release and it doesn't have it.
I will wait for the next release.

Can you give me any help implementing the Allocate to group according to a code entry that I outlined or will this be easier with the next release?
Is there anywhere else I could look to learn how to use Auto Actions?

Thanks

Simon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 7 months ago #194394 by krileon

Can you give me any help implementing the Allocate to group according to a code entry that I outlined or will this be easier with the next release?

No, I'm not a contract developer. I can provide support assistance, but beyond that you must develop whatever you need yourself. Next release will allow "Replacing" of usergroups so you can for example register someone to "Author" directly instead of current "Author, Registered". I'm hoping for a next release by end of this week, but can make no guarantee; just my internal goal.

Is there anywhere else I could look to learn how to use Auto Actions?

Nope, the tutorials provided below (not specific to auto actions) is all the information that is available.

www.joomlapolis.com/support/tutorials

The below tutorial outlines your exact usage.

www.joomlapolis.com/support/tutorials/107-use-cases/18237-assigning-usergroup-based-on-cb-field-value

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• rnomis
  • rnomis
12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #194738 by rnomis
Thanks for the new version.

I have installed it but I still seems to have problem.
Regardless of which radio button is selected in the registration form the new user is put into the Parent/Carer group. The workflow works fine; all emails are sent and the new user is approved.
I have tried to change the various options for each Autoaction but nothing changes.
I attach the screnshots for the Autoactions and associated panels
Last edit: 12 years 7 months ago by rnomis.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 7 months ago #194785 by krileon
Is your cb_usertype field present and selectable at registration? If not it's just going to keep using the default you supplied. If it is present and selectable on registration you could try [post_cb_usertype]. I've tested all actions and conditions as working fine and can't see any further issues.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• rnomis
  • rnomis
12 years 7 months ago #195435 by rnomis
Yes, the radio field is selectable and required on registration.
I have copied the entire site to a test site and followed the tutorial to the letter including the names of the Groups etc. I have tried it with [post_cb_usertype[ and [cb_usertype] but still the new user is just put into the Registered Group.

However, by accident, I went into the profile of a newly created user and noticed that it shows the radio buttons with the correct one filled in (see attached screenshot). Should this even show in the CB profile?
Have I set up the radio fields incorrectly (screen shot attached)? The tutorial didn't cover this in any detail. Or is there something else wrong? I have the latest version of Joomla and all plugins.
I have tried every combination with the same outcome.
Attachments:

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 6 months ago #195520 by krileon
The values you supplied in your previous post don't match the values of the field in the new post. For example the below would be an appropriate condition based off your new images provided.

[cb_usertype] Equal To Student
OR
[cb_usertype] Equal To Parent
OR
[cb_usertype] Equal To Teacher

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon