Skip to Content Skip to Menu

New Registration Process using CB Connect Facebook

12 years 6 months ago #198136 by tassierambler
I'm just trying to find some information/documentation on how the registration of new users works from CB Connect (using Facebook). My 'normal' (non CB Connect) process is that once they apply to register, they get a confirmation email and once confirmed I get an email notifying me of a new user and I then use CB Workflows to review and approve the user.

I don't seem to get any notification of new users using facebook to connect despite tweaking the settings every conceivable way I can think of, and my test user tells me she didn't receive any email or notification once she regsitered using facebook, however I have something like 50 people who have now tried to register using it and I haven't received a single notification. Am I doing something wrong or missing something?

I use CB 1.8, Joomla 1.7.3 and CB Connect 3.3.1.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 6 months ago #198185 by krileon
You don't receive anything unless your attention is needed. You'll need to set within CB Connect configuration that Facebook requires approval. By default approval and confirmation is turned off.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• Peculiar
  • Peculiar
12 years 6 months ago - 12 years 6 months ago #198293 by Peculiar
I have a problem with setting up user registration and login on CB connect. When users click the login button, they are asked to enter their email address - each time!
How can I avoid this?
Thanks

NB: When users connect with Facebook and Twitter, the email addresses are 'somenumbers'@invalid.com - e.g 781314520@invalid.com
Last edit: 12 years 6 months ago by Peculiar.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 6 months ago #198370 by krileon
Something is interfering and preventing their email address from saving when they submit the form. Please enable debug mode and maximum error reporting then attempt to login and provide an email then see if any errors occur.

Please provide Joomla, CB, CB Connect versions.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• Peculiar
  • Peculiar
12 years 6 months ago #198410 by Peculiar
Ok. So I enabled debug mode and then I got this error:

Notice: Undefined index: view in ...../components/com_content/router.php on line 49

Joommla 1.7, CB version 1.8 and CB connect vsersion 3.3.1.

My Google Signin too open a popup, closes, but never comes back to refresh the page.

Thanks

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 6 months ago #198415 by krileon
Looks like something is trying to rewrite/route the URL. Do you have SEF enabled? If so please try disabling it and try again. Please check your browser error console (Firefox > Web Developer > Error Console) to see if there are any fatal JS errors as they'll stop the JS from functioning.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon