Skip to Content Skip to Menu

New Registration Process using CB Connect Facebook

• Peculiar
  • Peculiar
12 years 6 months ago #198435 by Peculiar
Ok I have some errors.
First at the web console, which I left open, I have:

Use of attributes' nodeValue attribute is deprecated. Use value instead.

Then in my Error Console I Have this screenshot (attached).

Thanks
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 6 months ago #198442 by krileon
None of your JS errors would case problems. Please PM backend super administrator login credentials and will take a look.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 6 months ago #198557 by krileon
Can't seam to confirm your issue directly on your site. I confirmed Facebook and Twitter registration and login process both functioned. The email address I supplied after Twitter registration also took and was stored to database (confirmed in user management as well). Not sure what your issue is exactly, perhaps caching problem or something of the sort?

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• Peculiar
  • Peculiar
12 years 5 months ago #199316 by Peculiar
I have tried a few computers / browsers and I noticed a lot of inconsistent results, so I cant draw conclusions, yet.
BUT I am certain of the following:
  1. The Twitter Login ALWAYS asks for permission to connect EVERY TIME you try to login, unlike the facebook login.
  2. The google login button is not working. Simply loads the page in a blank window and does nothing else.

Those are the issues I have for now....

Thank You

12 years 5 months ago #199317 by tassierambler
Replied by tassierambler on topic Re: New Registration Process using CB Connect Facebook

You don't receive anything unless your attention is needed. You'll need to set within CB Connect configuration that Facebook requires approval. By default approval and confirmation is turned off.

I did that, in every conceivable way I could think of - it makes no difference, I get no notifications. They're jsut set as disabled and I have to go into the back end to find out about them.

Re: Peculiar's Issue where it "

Simply loads the page in a blank window and does nothing else.

" I have this problem with Facebook logins at work ... I think it because our webwasher software isn't allowing the connection to be made. It works fine outside of our work network.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 5 months ago #199342 by krileon

The Twitter Login ALWAYS asks for permission to connect EVERY TIME you try to login, unlike the facebook login.

Right, that's how twitter login dialog is designed. I don't supply this, Twitter does.

The google login button is not working. Simply loads the page in a blank window and does nothing else.

Do you have pop-ups blocked? Seams to be working in all my tests although at time of your testing perhaps their server was done. Please keep in mind the Google API is early Alpha and it's possible an issue could show up now and then.

I did that, in every conceivable way I could think of - it makes no difference, I get no notifications. They're jsut set as disabled and I have to go into the back end to find out about them.

In that case are emails ever working for your install? I've confirmed my moderator received an email just fine. Register a user by normal means and see if you receive an email or use the mass mailer to try and send your self an email. For moderator notifications you need to have them enabled in CB > Configuration > Moderation and you then need to edit your user in CB > User Management to receive emails.

I have this problem with Facebook logins at work ... I think it because our webwasher software isn't allowing the connection to be made. It works fine outside of our work network.

Yup, it's possible a host firewall or mod_security is blocking the connect. You'd need to check server access logs to see if the connection was denied.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon