Skip to Content Skip to Menu

"using your paypal account" email address

12 years 6 months ago #198299 by MasterNABO
"using your paypal account" email address was created by MasterNABO
When a successful PayPal transaction is completed, a message such as the one below is displayed before the "View Printable Invoice" link:

"Thank you for your payment of GBP 15.00 for the Registered Member's Annual Subscription for Danny Elvis using your paypal account test05@****.org.uk. Your transaction has been completed, and a receipt for your purchase has been emailed to you by PayPal. You may log into your account at www.paypal.com to view status details of this transaction."

It took me quite a while to work out that the message cannot be tailored in the CBSubs Settings Display like many of the other messages. Is there a reason for this? I think it would be helpful if this was possible. Can this be added to the WishList?

However, there are 2 problems with the existing text - one minor, one more important:
  1. "using your paypal account" should be "using your PayPal account". This can be changed in {website root}\components\com_comprofiler\plugin\language\cbpaidsubscription-en-gb but the default should be PayPal (an easy fix!)
  2. "paypal account test05@****.org.uk" refers to the email address used in CB, which may not necessarily be the same as the PayPal account used for payment. The email address of the PayPal account is available from the IPN: 'payer_email'. This is the address that should be used in the message. (i.e. the "Customer email" address for the Transaction email from service@paypal.co.uk)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 6 months ago #198385 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: "using your paypal account" email address
I've made 2 feature tickets for both of your issues (#3462 and #3463). Thank you for your feedback!

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 6 months ago #198446 by MasterNABO
Replied by MasterNABO on topic Re: "using your paypal account" email address
Thanks, Kyle.
I have just done a test to use PayPal and pay by card, rather than using a PayPal account, and received the same message:
"Thank you for your payment of GBP 15.00 for the Registered Member subscription for James Jones using your PayPal account test07@****.org.uk"

Is there a way that you can differentiate between payments paid by card rather than using a user's PayPal account, and adjust the message?

If not, the message should, I suggest, be amended to include:
"Thank you for your payment of GBP 15.00 for the Registered Member subscription for James Jones using PayPal, test07@****.org.uk"

Can I achieve that by changing the relevant line in the language.php file to:
"using your paypal account" => "using PayPal,",
?

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 6 months ago - 12 years 6 months ago #198456 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: "using your paypal account" email address
There's no way to really know if they paid with a PayPal account or just used direct credit card method. I suppose you can change the string, but seams fine to me.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Last edit: 12 years 6 months ago by krileon.

12 years 6 months ago #198468 by MasterNABO
Replied by MasterNABO on topic Re: "using your paypal account" email address
"using your PayPal account" is incorrect if they used PayPal but don't have a PayPal account and paid by Card. I would have thought the default string should only say "using PayPal"

• nant
  • nant
12 years 6 months ago #198482 by nant

Big_John wrote: "using your PayPal account" is incorrect if they used PayPal but don't have a PayPal account and paid by Card. I would have thought the default string should only say "using PayPal"

Hmm, I believe that the way things are currently implemented people paying via paypal using their credit card still need to create a paypal account - isn't this the case?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon