Skip to Content Skip to Menu

CB Blogs categories not working

12 years 6 months ago #198604 by jacobsandin
Replied by jacobsandin on topic Re: CB Blogs categories not working
To ask the question in simpler terms...

Is the blog also the article?
Or are you creating a blog under wich you then are supost to create articles?

When I enter as a regular user I can go to my profile and then the tab "Blogs", here I can then press the button "New Blog".

I get a creation page for the new blog, where I can enter title, a short description, and a long description as well as a theme/category.

All works so far, no problem... well there are some buggs such as subcategories fail in joomla with search engine urls, and comments dont seem to show as with other articles wich might be per design.

Anyways, Now I got my new blog and am eager to add articles to it... but how?

I find no way to add articles under my new blog...
Is it some form of securityseting?
Is it a joomla or CB setting I missed?
Do I need to add some menuItem for it?

Or... Is the blog itself the article? (Is it a missmatch in terminology Blog<>Article?)

As I said I might just not understand how it works and is supost to work.

Kind Regards
Jacob

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 6 months ago #198643 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: CB Blogs categories not working
Yes, Blogs are Joomla articles as it's using Joomlas content component. CB Blogs simply provides the form, displays the tab, and saves the form. Joomla it self displays the blog so any extension that affects Joomla articles can/will also affect CB Blog entries.

Blog = Article

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 6 months ago #198665 by jacobsandin
Replied by jacobsandin on topic Re: CB Blogs categories not working
Ok, still a bit confused but I think it was as I said a diffrence in definition.

to me these are blogs:
traveldestinationbucketlist.com
aaronjoelsantos.wordpress.com

They could just as well have been named
http://mydomain/traveldestinationbucketlist
http://mydomain/aaronjoelsantos

(Each blog then have several blog articles)
This is what I would have expected an application called blogs to create when I press "new blog".

But instead I get an application that creates articles... but calls them blogs.

This is what is confusing and a bit miss advertised to what I feel is a comon definition.

Thank you for taking the time to clarify it thoug :)

Kind Regards
Jacob

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 6 months ago #198681 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: CB Blogs categories not working
It is a blog, just because it doesn't give you wordpress doesn't mean it's not a blog. It just uses Joomla to handle the storage and display so you can use many of the cool content extensions with it. It of course also comes with its Internal mode as well if you don't want to use Joomla to handle them.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon