Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[SOLVED] latest core fields ajax not working

12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #199554 by TailorMadeSites
Replied by TailorMadeSites on topic Re: latest core fields ajax not working
So as I understand is that the issue is that the plugin is not fully compatible with Joomla 1.5 .... I hope the developers will fix this as not everybody uses the last version of Joomla ..
Last edit: 12 years 5 months ago by krileon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #199645 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: latest core fields ajax not working
Looks like it. I don't test J1.5 anymore; it's obsolete and over 3 generations behind. Will have to fire up an old test server and see why it won't work on J1.5. My guess is the access permission check is screwed up, which is an easy fix. Have added bug ticket to review for next release. Please also note if you're on J1.5 you may want to apply the below fix as well.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/3443

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: TailorMadeSites

12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #199699 by TailorMadeSites
Hi

Just installed the last version (1.3.0).. and I have a serious issue now.. AFTER installing the last version VALIDATION totally dissapeared + the "Field-specific Parameters" tab on the add/edit field page dissapeared too ... I have made a back-up BEFORE installing the last version and installed the back-up on localhost to check if it worked before the install and it DID work before the install...

and one more strange thing...
I installed first the last version on localhost OVER the old version that I had.. and it worked like a charm, I didn't have to do nothing, it worked straight away...

now I did the SAME on the SAME site but Live... and it did NOT work straight away... I tought that it doesn't work again ... but I tought maybe I should try to go to the fields and DISABLE the ajax and enable ajax again.. and it worked....

The main issue is that the validation dissapeared... even on "edit profile" page there is no validation at all...

What can be the problem ?
Thanks

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #199718 by krileon

TailorMadeSites wrote: Hi

Just installed the last version (1.3.0).. and I have a serious issue now.. AFTER installing the last version VALIDATION totally dissapeared + the "Field-specific Parameters" tab on the add/edit field page dissapeared too ... I have made a back-up BEFORE installing the last version and installed the back-up on localhost to check if it worked before the install and it DID work before the install...

and one more strange thing...
I installed first the last version on localhost OVER the old version that I had.. and it worked like a charm, I didn't have to do nothing, it worked straight away...

now I did the SAME on the SAME site but Live... and it did NOT work straight away... I tought that it doesn't work again ... but I tought maybe I should try to go to the fields and DISABLE the ajax and enable ajax again.. and it worked....

The main issue is that the validation dissapeared... even on "edit profile" page there is no validation at all...

What can be the problem ?
Thanks

The plugin doesn't load or do anything on profile edit. Validation is also working fine in my tests. If validation is broken on AJAX and in profile edit then you probably have some sort of jQuery issue present. Check your browser error log while viewing profile edit, etc.. The parameters also are appearing perfectly fine for me for fields that support them. I recommend browsing your site with debug mode and maximum error reporting set in Joomla global configuration as seams your site has some serious fatal errors.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #199720 by TailorMadeSites
Just checked the error log... nothing
And there are no fatal errros, as well as there are no warnings at all... only ONE notice that is not related to CB at all, it's a module on that page from other component..

Just for check I decided to install OVER the version that I had again (1.0.1), after installing EVERYTHING got back to normal, after installing again the last version all the issues are back, no validation and the "Field-specific Parameters" dissapeared in add/edit field page... so there is definitely an issue with the 1.3.0 version...

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #199765 by krileon

TailorMadeSites wrote: Just checked the error log... nothing
And there are no fatal errros, as well as there are no warnings at all... only ONE notice that is not related to CB at all, it's a module on that page from other component..

Just for check I decided to install OVER the version that I had again (1.0.1), after installing EVERYTHING got back to normal, after installing again the last version all the issues are back, no validation and the "Field-specific Parameters" dissapeared in add/edit field page... so there is definitely an issue with the 1.3.0 version...

Joomla version? CB version? Appears to be working fine on all my test installs (J1.5 and J2.5 with CB 1.8).

As far as your validation failing I've no idea. That seams to be some sort of JS error and you need to review your browser error log to see if a fatal JS error is present.

Please PM backend super administrator login credentials and will take a look.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon