Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[SOLVED] latest core fields ajax not working

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #199266 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: latest core fields ajax not working
What do you mean it doesn't work. Please be more descriptive. You need to edit your field then enable the Ajax usage. Please understand normal edit permissions still apply. For example if a field is Read Only then it can not AJAX, if the edit mode is disabled with CB Privacy then it can not AJAX, etc..

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Last edit: 12 years 5 months ago by krileon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #199268 by TailorMadeSites
Replied by TailorMadeSites on topic Re: latest core fields ajax not working
Hi krileon

Yes I understand you, like I wrote before... I do everything the SAME, I install version 1.0.1 and do all the configs and it Works... now if I install ANY other version than "version 1.0.1" and do all the SAME configs it doesn't work..

PS. Just discovered a pretty important bug related with validation (maybe it's fixed in last version..).

I use CB 1.8 and Joomla 1.5.x

If I go to "EDIT" page all the validation are working... for example I made a field... let's call it phone.. and set up a min-length of 5 chars for this field... now in EDIT PROFILE page everything is ok (it doesn't allow to SAVE the page if user inputs less than 5 chars in the phone field)... now let's go to AJAX inline edit... I enter 2 chars and it does NOT show the validation message (that I have to input minimum 5 chars) ... and even more I press SAVE and it DOES save the field ONLY with 2 chars (where the minimum is actually 5)... and it shows the message now (that I have to input 5 chars), but it shows the message AFTER I pressed save and AFTER it actually saved the field value (2 chars instead of 5)...
The following user(s) said Thank You: PCAnalyzer

12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #199402 by TailorMadeSites
Hi krileon, am I right about this bug ?

Cheers

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #199425 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: latest core fields ajax not working
I can't say what bugs you're going to experience because you're numerous versions out of date. Yes, that's a bug and yes it's likely fixed in latest (can't duplicate here). I'm reviewing a new method to change fields to AJAX using triggers instead of overriding the fieldtype.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #199444 by TailorMadeSites
I don't experience any other bugs with it, except the one I wrote about. Well I would use the last version but as I wrote it doesn't work for me, and I'm not the only one, "PCAnalyzer" wrote he has the same problem...
The following user(s) said Thank You: PCAnalyzer

12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #199533 by PCAnalyzer
Replied by PCAnalyzer on topic Re: latest core fields ajax not working
Yes, I can confirm this issue with the last 2 version. I'm using J1.5 (last version) with CB 1.8. On another site, with J2.5 and CB 1.8, the last version is working for me.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon