• mjv196
  • mjv196
12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #199531 by mjv196
Environment info:
Joomla 2.5.4
CB 1.8
CB Connect 3.3.3
CB Content Mod 1.4

The Facebook commenting feature works perfectly for logged-in users on article pages. However, if a user isn't logged in (to the website, not facebook) the comments plugin doesn't appear and the code isn't present in source view when I check in the browser. It seems like I'm missing something that is blocking it from appearing to guest/public users. How do I fix this?
Last edit: 12 years 5 months ago by krileon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• mjv196
  • mjv196
12 years 5 months ago #199532 by mjv196
Forgot to mention that the tab the field is assigned to is public and published, but set to not display on profile. Tried assigning it to several different tabs this way, none of them worked. Commenting still only shows up for users logged into Joomla. It's not a Facebook issue, because the FB commenting code just never shows up to guest/public users (I checked with the view page source option in browser).

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 5 months ago #199636 by krileon
The tab it is on must be public and published. The field it self must be set to display on profile. Those are the 3 conditions that need to be met for a field to show publicly. If you don't want it shown on profile then set the tab it is on to a not shown on profile position.

In addition to the standard above checks the user being substituted in must have a Facebook ID or it won't load the plugin. So for example if you're using user="#me" then it won't work for public users because they have no Facebook ID.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• mjv196
  • mjv196
12 years 5 months ago #199661 by mjv196
The tab is public, published and set to not show on profile. The field is public, published and set to show on profile as described. However, I'm not sure what you mean by the user being substituted. I'm trying to setup comments for users on individual articles, not on profiles. I set the field scope to page.

When I check the results, a logged in user, with or without a Facebook account, sees the comments module I setup at the bottom of the article. However public users that aren't logged in don't see anything. This is the code I put in the CB Content Module:

[cb:userfield field="cb_comentarios" /]

Where "cb_comentarios" corresponds with the field I'm trying to display.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #199669 by krileon
That won't work, because that uses the user viewing the page for substitutions and the user viewing the page has no Facebook ID because they're not even registered. For example try adding user="42" or whatever the user id is of your administrator user. It would display as follows for example.

[cb:userfield field="cb_comentarios" user="42" /]

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Last edit: 12 years 5 months ago by krileon.

• mjv196
  • mjv196
12 years 5 months ago #199672 by mjv196
Is there any other way to implement comments on my articles? I tried just using the Facebook plugin code without the script in a Custom HTML module, it works, but it gives me an error message since I don't include an href code. Since the CB module passes the URL to Facebook it bypasses that problem.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon