Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[SOLVED] CB Connect & Facebook Commenting for Public

12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #199682 by pepperstreet
Replied by pepperstreet on topic Re: CB Connect & Facebook Commenting for Public

mjv196 wrote: Is there any other way to implement comments on my articles?...

A. ) Content Bot and Substitution
Not sure, but you might change the ContentBot plugin configuration to AUTHOR mode. If all article authors have a facebookID...

B. ) Social Comments extensions
There is special JED category for Social Comments . Also with many free products. Configuration depends on each product! Some can be restricted to certain categories. Some are just plugins that work on all articles, or might even need plugin syntax. You decide, read carefully...
Last edit: 12 years 5 months ago by pepperstreet. Reason: B more infos

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 5 months ago #199685 by krileon

mjv196 wrote: Is there any other way to implement comments on my articles? I tried just using the Facebook plugin code without the script in a Custom HTML module, it works, but it gives me an error message since I don't include an href code. Since the CB module passes the URL to Facebook it bypasses that problem.

Really using CB Connect to provide such a feature is not the best approach. There are dozens of well written commenting extensions on Joomla.org that provide exactly what you're looking for. I highly recommend using one of them.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• mjv196
  • mjv196
12 years 5 months ago #199704 by mjv196
Thanks for the responses, a bit disappointing since I didn't want to install another module. However, I found a different way.

I already had Flexi Custom Code installed to insert php code in certain module positions. So I used it to take advantage of the Facebook script inserted on all my pages by the CB Connect login module. In case this helps anyone else, I inserted this code in a Flexi Custom Code module:

<?PHP
$fburl = JURI::current();
echo "<div class='fb-comments' data-href='$fburl' data-num-posts='2' data-width='500'></div>";
?>

It uses the JURI;;current() function built-in to Joomla to provide the current page URL to the Facebook plugin code. Also take note that the cache should be disabled for the module, otherwise you'll get an incorrect page URL value.
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon