Skip to Content Skip to Menu

CB 1.8. breaks link to CBSubs

• sentix
  • sentix
12 years 5 months ago #199564 by sentix
CB 1.8. breaks link to CBSubs was created by sentix
Since upgrading to CB 1.8 I encounter severe registration problems in my Joomla installation. The following problems occur:

- Users registered in the Joomla user table but only blank records appear in CB 1.8. I cannot replicate the problem, but users could. For them anything looks normal

- The default plans will not associate to the CB user even the plan is preselected in the registration form and any plan must be choosen because the user has to select a radio button

This two problems do not occur the same time, only one or the other. Problems occur in about 10% of all registrations but I have NO clue why this behavior occurs. We asked users about their registration experiences and for them anything looks normal.

I also have installed the latest versions of CB Conditional and CB AutoActions. The problems started after the CB 1.8 release and it looks like the situation good worse (failure rate starts to increase!)

Any idea?

Versions: CB 2.7.2, J 3.10.6

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 5 months ago #199628 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: CB 1.8. breaks link to CBSubs
Sorry, I don't understand the issue. Please in better detail explain what is happening. If your default plan is non-exclusive then you have exclusive plans below it then that won't work as exclusive basically means required and they'd be forced to select an exclusive plan (radio button).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• sentix
  • sentix
12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #199652 by sentix
Replied by sentix on topic Re: CB 1.8. breaks link to CBSubs
I have two plans (exclusive) and one is selected by default (user has to choose one of two), but the account will be created with no plan selected!

The main issue is that I had no issue before upgrading to CB 1.8 ...

Also users can register, a record in jos_users will be created but only a blank record in jos_comprofiler ...

The two issues occur not the same time only one of two problems and only in about 10% of all registration with NO correlation between the registrations ... a very odd problem, i know.

Last edit: 12 years 5 months ago by sentix.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 5 months ago #199667 by krileon
Are your plans free lifetime plans? If so by default CBSubs does not create subscriptions for free lifetime plans. Please navigate to CBSubs > Settings > Global and set free lifetime plans to create subscriptions. You can also set it so no free registrations are allowed to prevent people from bypassing needing a subscription. Aside from that I've no idea as there's no reason for it to fail only 10% of the time, those users must be doing something they should not be doing (maybe they're using Joomla registration? Ensure it's disabled and CB is set to independent in CB > Configuration > Registration).

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• sentix
  • sentix
12 years 5 months ago #199809 by sentix
Replied by sentix on topic Re: CB 1.8. breaks link to CBSubs
@krileon
Thanks for your quick replies ... but the options are set accordingly. Everything worked fine until the latest updates ...

I know such a problem is unsolvable as long as it cannot be reproduced. maybe other users will spot the same behavior ...

I will upgrade to CB Subs 2.0, maybe that is also a solution with so many bugs fixed ;-)

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 5 months ago #199891 by krileon
Strange, if you run into the issue again using CBSubs 2.0 please let us know and we can try to further investigate. As is there isn't much to investigate with unfortunately. If it happens again please also try to gather as much information on what steps the user took exactly to experience such a problem as well as details such as browser type and version.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon