Skip to Content Skip to Menu

CB 1.8. breaks link to CBSubs

• sentix
  • sentix
12 years 5 months ago #199929 by sentix
Replied by sentix on topic Re: CB 1.8. breaks link to CBSubs
I will but as CBSubs 2.0.0 seems to be very unstable (3 bug reports of mine within the first 4 hours of testing!) I cannot install it on our live site.

Versions: CB 2.7.2, J 3.10.6

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• beat
  • beat
12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #199978 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re: CB 1.8. breaks link to CBSubs
Are you sure that Joomla user registration is NOT enabled ? (it is enabled on your test-site ;) )

spambots often use the Joomla registration to register fake users... ;)

EDIT: added missing NOT

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info
Last edit: 12 years 5 months ago by beat. Reason: added missing NOT

• sentix
  • sentix
12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #199984 by sentix
Replied by sentix on topic Re: CB 1.8. breaks link to CBSubs
I know that in some cases real customers were behind the registrations as I had contact with them and they register a second time with the same result! The steps they did then were exactly the same I did on my system ...

But I also can confirm spambot registrations if i check the tables in the light of your information.

The global site config on the live site is identical to the test site so I disabled the joomla registration. Will see if it improves.

Two questions remain:
- why didn't I had problems before CB 1.8 as the config doesn't change from my side?
- how can a user bypass the CB registration if there is no link on the website other than to the CB registration? (at least as far as i know)

Nevertheless, thanks to Beat, Nant and krileon for always fast and professional service!

Versions: CB 2.7.2, J 3.10.6
Last edit: 12 years 5 months ago by sentix.

• nant
  • nant
12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #200006 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: CB 1.8. breaks link to CBSubs

sentix wrote: - how can a user bypass the CB registration if there is no link on the website other than to the CB registration? (at least as far as i know)

By guessing (not hard to do) the Joomla registration URL (spambots have this logic built-in).

You need to follow CB installation instructions and disable Joomla registration altogether (not enough just to remove Joomla login module).
Last edit: 12 years 5 months ago by nant.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon