Skip to Content Skip to Menu

About Profilbook Blog

• dotcom22
  • dotcom22
12 years 4 months ago #203417 by dotcom22
About Profilbook Blog was created by dotcom22
hello

I'm interested to use Profilbook plugin only for his simple Blog feature. That mean I will not need to use Profilewall and Profile GuestBook. I see I can simply hide this 2 Tabs and keep only ProfileBlog Tab...well.

Few questions:

1) Instead to let users post blog from their own profile, I would like create a menu item "My blog" and include the blog submission inside a simple Joomla article. It is possible to do that using CB Content module ?

2) I would like display all users Blogs inside their own Joomla articles. That mean each of my users own a unique Joomla article and I would like display their blog entries inside. How I can do that ?

3) The latest blog module display all blog of all user in vertical display mode (in one unique column). I would like display those latest blog horizontally and split entries in 3 columns instead to only one. Any solutions ??

thank

I use Joomla 3.3.6 - CB 2.0.4 - CBSubs 4 - Several Incubator plugins

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 4 months ago #203433 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: About Profilbook Blog

1) Instead to let users post blog from their own profile, I would like create a menu item "My blog" and include the blog submission inside a simple Joomla article. It is possible to do that using CB Content module ?

It's possible to render the tab in an article using CB Content Bot (no need for module) and the below substitution usage.

{cb:[cb:usertab tab="##" user="#displayedOrMe" /]}

With the above you'd replace ## with the tab id. Please note the tabs URLs will still point to their profile. So if you tried to submit a blog it'd post to their profile. Can't say for sure if this would work out well for you or not.

2) I would like display all users Blogs inside their own Joomla articles. That mean each of my users own a unique Joomla article and I would like display their blog entries inside. How I can do that ?

ProfileBook can't do this.

3) The latest blog module display all blog of all user in vertical display mode (in one unique column). I would like display those latest blog horizontally and split entries in 3 columns instead to only one. Any solutions ??

The module included with ProfileBook displays latest entries. You can also set it to only display blog posts.

Based off your needs I recommend you use CB Blogs instead of ProfileBook. CB Blogs uses Joomlas content system to store blogs so they are stored directly to Joomla content categories as Joomla content articles. Meaning any extensions that displays Joomla content articles (modules, etc..) would also be able to display the blogs. This also includes extensions that provide comments, etc..

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• dotcom22
  • dotcom22
12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #203449 by dotcom22
Replied by dotcom22 on topic Re: About Profilbook Blog
So it seem like you suggest is better to use CB Blog instead to Profilebook. I just tested your last 3.1.0 version and some of my needs seem to be possible using this plugin.

1) One of my goal was also to output inside each blog entries some CB field value. IN Profilebook this was possible..and here ? The fact is I would like publish the related section/category on the site with all users blogs but except to see title and blog content no more info is available.

2) A nice addition to this plugin will be to let us choose if we want allow user to publish/unpublish their blogs. In my case I would like give the option to only create or delete blogs. The reason is because I want limit to 5 blogs per users and force them to delete old blogs for be able to create new one. The fact to publish/unpublish will not be useful for me and can be confusing for users. Hope you will add this feature in some near release...

thank

Last edit: 12 years 4 months ago by dotcom22.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 3 months ago #203519 by krileon

1) One of my goal was also to output inside each blog entries some CB field value. IN Profilebook this was possible..and here ? The fact is I would like publish the related section/category on the site with all users blogs but except to see title and blog content no more info is available.

Joomla handles the display of blogs using CB Blogs unless you use Internal mode, which stores to its own database and uses its own template. To have substitutions in a Joomla article you need to have CB Content Bot installed and enabled. You can then use {cb:[username]} for example to show someones username in the article.

2) A nice addition to this plugin will be to let us choose if we want allow user to publish/unpublish their blogs. In my case I would like give the option to only create or delete blogs. The reason is because I want limit to 5 blogs per users and force them to delete old blogs for be able to create new one. The fact to publish/unpublish will not be useful for me and can be confusing for users. Hope you will add this feature in some near release...

Users can't published or unpublish their own blogs. You only see this because you're a moderator or administrator. Blogs are published by default, but if you enable Approval from configuration they'll be unpublished and you'll have to approve them.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• dotcom22
  • dotcom22
12 years 3 months ago #203577 by dotcom22
Replied by dotcom22 on topic Re: About Profilbook Blog

Users can't published or unpublish their own blogs. You only see this because you're a moderator or administrator. Blogs are published by default, but if you enable Approval from configuration they'll be unpublished and you'll have to approve them.

I tested using Author user (who is not a moderator) and when this user is logged-in, his own blogs can be published/unpublished by him.

What I miss here?

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 3 months ago #203614 by krileon
Then the Author user is a CB Moderator. Please check within CB > Configuration > Moderation and ensure "Moderator Groups" is set appropriately.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon