Skip to Content Skip to Menu

CB Activity translate ?

• jojo12
  • jojo12
12 years 3 months ago #203511 by jojo12
CB Activity translate ? was created by jojo12
Hi,
it's really interesting this plugin.
But which phrases with substitutions [..] I have to translate. In which file can I find them. I presume I have to translate these phrases in cbteamplugins_language.php of my language. Right?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 3 months ago #203518 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: CB Activity translate ?

But which phrases with substitutions [..] I have to translate.

Below are the strings used by the timeago jquery plugin that are passed to CB for translation.

'ago' => 'ago',
'from now' => 'from now',
'less than a minute' => 'less than a minute',
'about a minute' => 'about a minute',
'%d minutes' => '%d minutes',
'about an hour' => 'about an hour',
'about %d hours' => 'about %d hours',
'a day' => 'a day',
'%d days' => '%d days',
'about a month' => 'about a month',
'%d months' => '%d months',
'about a year' => 'about a year',
'%d years' => '%d years',

In which file can I find them.

components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbactivity/templates/default/jquery.php

I presume I have to translate these phrases in cbteamplugins_language.php of my language. Right?

Correct.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• jojo12
  • jojo12
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #203527 by jojo12
Replied by jojo12 on topic Re: CB Activity translate ?
Thanks, but there is a problem:

1) In german we have an other word structure

vor 2 Stunden

2 hours ago

In german the translated ago is before the time (prefix not suffix)
@1: I've seen, kunena has the same problem, it's translated with "her". It's not good german, but I can live with it :cheer:

2) where can I find the others like:
posted in a group
has logged in
has logged out...
Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by jojo12.
The following user(s) said Thank You: pepperstreet

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 3 months ago #203543 by krileon

1) In german we have an other word structure

That's why it's a template file. You can alter the jquery to whatever you want. Below is the jquery plugin used where you can add to the template localization format if needed.

timeago.yarp.com/

2) where can I find the others like:

In plugin.cbactivity.php. They too are language strings so can of course be translated using 'STRING' => 'STRING'. I highly recommend becoming familiar with our awk script or learning GREP to help easily find the translatable strings.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• jojo12
  • jojo12
12 years 3 months ago #203549 by jojo12
Replied by jojo12 on topic Re: CB Activity translate ?

I highly recommend becoming familiar with our awk script or learning GREP to help easily find the translatable strings.

I tried, but with luck of instructions I came not familiar! When you have a link?

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 3 months ago #203609 by krileon
If on windows you can use GAWK to run it. No experience with linux, sorry.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon