Skip to Content Skip to Menu

How do I put users into 2 different groups?

• jabrister
  • jabrister
12 years 3 months ago #204492 by jabrister
I need to have 2 different groups (g1 & g2). Please tell me how to step by step, setup the registration page to allow users to choose which group (g1 or g2) they want to be a part of. I then need to then have the users directed to their respective separate pages
(that will have different layouts, modules, components, etc... I have created two new user groups, but I don't know how to make it an option to choose from the users to choose from when they sign up (and I don't know how to do the rest of my question as well).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
12 years 3 months ago #204502 by nant

• jabrister
  • jabrister
12 years 3 months ago #204504 by jabrister
Replied by jabrister on topic Re: How do I put users into 2 different groups?
Yes, I believe so. I need to have either group also log into Kunena and Group Jive with the same credentials all with the one login; again, how?

• nant
  • nant
12 years 3 months ago #204506 by nant

jabrister wrote: Yes, I believe so. I need to have either group also log into Kunena and Group Jive with the same credentials all with the one login; again, how?

www.joomlapolis.com/support/tutorials/107-use-cases/18237-assigning-usergroup-based-on-cb-field-value

• jabrister
  • jabrister
12 years 3 months ago #204650 by jabrister
Replied by jabrister on topic Re: How do I put users into 2 different groups?
So, I went through the tutorial earlier in this thread, and as I've said, I have created 2 user groups. On the registration page there is an empty drop down with no choices, that says Profile type:.

How do I provide the choice for the users to choose which group they want to be part of on the registration page? I also now have the following warnings on the registration page (why/how can I fix the issue?):

Warning: reset() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given in /nfs/c01/h13/mnt/11779/domains/mysite.com/html/administrator/components/com_comprofiler/comprofiler.class.php on line 359

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /nfs/c01/h13/mnt/11779/domains/mysite.com/html/administrator/components/com_comprofiler/comprofiler.class.php on line 370

Also, I want next, after registering (and every time they log in) to reroute the users to the page that is customized toward which user group they selected on the registration page; how?

• nant
  • nant
12 years 3 months ago #204661 by nant
The registration field can be a drop-down single select field with values group1, group2, etc.

Then based on selected value you can use CB Auto Actions as in the tutorial to add user to group you want.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon