Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Importing cb fields

• tmoran
  • tmoran
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #204769 by tmoran
Importing cb fields was created by tmoran
Hi,

I've just migrated and old Joomla 1.5 site to 2.5 (using SP Upgrade 'cos jUpgrade no longer works). While my users and their basic info were imported, most of my additional fields (including text, images, drop downs etc.) and some of the tabs did not. All my CB extensions have been installed prior to the migration (ie: CB Profile Gallery).

How can I import the missing fields from the Joomla 1.5 site into the new database?
Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by tmoran.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #204773 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: Importing cb fields
What do you mean by jUpgrade no longer works?

Please enable debug when doing a jUpgrade run.
Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by nant.

• tmoran
  • tmoran
12 years 3 months ago #204782 by tmoran
Replied by tmoran on topic Re: Importing cb fields
As far as I'm concerned jUpgrade and RedComponent are a disgrace.
redcomponent.com/forum/92-jupgrade/129693-the-dreaded-migrating-undefined?limit=20&start=40#130525

• tmoran
  • tmoran
12 years 3 months ago #204783 by tmoran
Replied by tmoran on topic Re: Importing cb fields
Here's what I got from the Joomla forum.

leolam
Post subject: Re: Upgrading from 1.5.26
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:34 pm
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

spUgrade only upgrades Joomla (and very smoothly indeed!). CB is a very easy upgrade. Just upgrade in J1.5 CB to latest 1.8.x. Use spUpgrade to migrade Joomla, install CB in the new J2.5-site and replace the database tables re. com_profiler with those of the J-1.5 install (mind the prefix should be the same) Than copy the CB images folder to the install on the J 2.5 installation and overwrite the CB images folder.

Than you have an actual CB installation as well

Leo 8)

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #204802 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Importing cb fields

Here's what I got from the Joomla forum.

You were told wrong. CB tables such as the tabs and plugin tables have accesslevels and usergroups. If you directly transfer the database over these will not match. You'd need to manually fix all accesslevels and usergroups from J1.5 to J2.5. This also includes parameters that are access based, which is a lot depending on what you've installed.

The only migration we support is jUpgrade as I spent over 3 days writing the CB migration and it'll properly change your accesslevels and usergroups to J2.5 in the migration. It does not matter if the migration was a complete success. The only purpose you need it for is moving your database. Once the migration completes you can directly copy the migrated database tables for CB to a clean install of J2.5 and it'll work (you'll probably want to copy your users over too and their ACL or use CB Juice to export/import users).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by krileon.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon