Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Importing cb fields

• nant
  • nant
12 years 3 months ago #204834 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: Importing cb fields
I have been told that there will be a new version of jUpgrade released tomorrow.

It looks like Joomla 2.5.6/2.5.6 broke its official upgrade tool.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• tmoran
  • tmoran
12 years 3 months ago #204865 by tmoran
Replied by tmoran on topic Re: Importing cb fields
Thanks guys,

I too have spent days on this, along with countless others. For over a week people have been posting on the RedComponent forums, only to learn via Twitter yesterday that they have closed the forum support.

RedComponent's only solution is to pay them 75 Euros per site to have the site upgraded for you! (I'm not making this up).

At this time Kyle, jUpgrade won't even migrate the most basic Joomla 1.5 content for many people. All it does is a clean instal of 2.5.6 (or 2.5.4 if you try using an earlier version of jUpgrade) then simply "hangs" during the migration process. I've tried countless workarounds (ie: earlier versions etc) without success.

Nick, this is great news if it's true. My experience with jUpgrade has been soured by recent events, so I won't be holding my breath. Even so, fingers crossed...

• nant
  • nant
12 years 3 months ago #204962 by nant

• tmoran
  • tmoran
12 years 3 months ago #204980 by tmoran
I'm pleased to report I have successfully migrated from Joomla 1.5 to 2.5.6. using jUpgrade 2.5.2.

CB was also installed during the migration with all fields and parameters intact.

Woohoo :cheer:

• nant
  • nant
12 years 3 months ago #204995 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: Importing cb fields

tmoran wrote: I'm pleased to report I have successfully migrated from Joomla 1.5 to 2.5.6. using jUpgrade 2.5.2.

CB was also installed during the migration with all fields and parameters intact.

Woohoo :cheer:

Great!

Please note as defense to all third party developers - the Joomla 2.5.5/2.5.6 release broke many extensions because of new features and database and API changes it included.

Free extensions like jUpgrade should be praised.

• tmoran
  • tmoran
12 years 3 months ago #205002 by tmoran

Free extensions like jUpgrade should be praised.

I praise them when they work! I don't want to appear anything but enthusiastic about any extension, free or otherwise, however there has been a fair bit of angst over this.

RedComponent allowed this issue to go on for weeks without letting anyone know what was going on. They had closed support to the jUpgrade forum without even announcing it in the forum itself, and weren't even responding to paid RedComponent subscribers who were posting in forums they do monitor.

I believe they now have a major credibilty issue on their hands as a result. Have a look at the jUpgrade reviews in the Joomla extensions directory:
extensions.joomla.org/extensions/migration-a-conversion/joomla-migration/11658?qh=YToxOntpOjA7czo4OiJqdXBncmFkZSI7fQ%3D%3D

I'm thrilled jUpgrade is finally working again, but there are a lot of annoyed people who spent a lot of time basically chasing their tail.

And there still remains the issue of absolutely zero support for this extension...

Moderators: beatnantkrileon