Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Renewal by Member A ended up paying for Member B

• apdt
  • apdt
12 years 3 months ago #205528 by apdt
How do I remove the renewal from CBSubs > Subscriptions? I can't find any delete button. Did you mean set the status as 'Expired'?

If I add subscription for Member B through User Management (in her case re-activate since her membership was marked as Expired by system), will CBSubs create all the baskets & payment records? My first thought is no because the system doesn't know anything about the basket & payment.

Caching is already disabled for this website and Member A said in his email that he didn't do anything all before receiving the email confirmation, i.e. he didn't initiate the basket and abandon it, etc.

Oh well, let's hope this is really a one-off case as I'm baffled too. There is no connection whatsoever between them.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 3 months ago #205564 by krileon

How do I remove the renewal from CBSubs > Subscriptions? I can't find any delete button. Did you mean set the status as 'Expired'?

You'll need to edit their dates to subtract the renewal.

If I add subscription for Member B through User Management (in her case re-activate since her membership was marked as Expired by system), will CBSubs create all the baskets & payment records? My first thought is no because the system doesn't know anything about the basket & payment.

No; if you were up to date you'd be able to give generate a basket from frontend for her, but your release doesn't have said feature.

Caching is already disabled for this website and Member A said in his email that he didn't do anything all before receiving the email confirmation, i.e. he didn't initiate the basket and abandon it, etc.

No idea then. I've no clue how they managed that to renew another user, but endusers are constantly surprising us with nonsensical ways to go about things, lol.

Oh well, let's hope this is really a one-off case as I'm baffled too. There is no connection whatsoever between them.

If it manages to happen again please let us know immediately on discovering it and push for details from the user so we know where to look exactly.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• apdt
  • apdt
12 years 3 months ago #205667 by apdt

krileon wrote: You'll need to edit their dates to subtract the renewal.

Yep, will do that.

No; if you were up to date you'd be able to give generate a basket from frontend for her, but your release doesn't have said feature.

I see. That's a nice feature that I've looking forward to. Right now we use workaround i.e. admin will login as user from frontend (there's a Joomla extension that allows that) and initiate basket.

No idea then. I've no clue how they managed that to renew another user, but endusers are constantly surprising us with nonsensical ways to go about things, lol.

Haha .. yeah. I did a lot of developments last time and these things happened :)

If it manages to happen again please let us know immediately on discovering it and push for details from the user so we know where to look exactly.

Will do although I hope there will be no next time for this case. Can you clarify how to push the details from the user?

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 3 months ago #205703 by krileon

Can you clarify how to push the details from the user?

I meant push the user to give you full details on what they did. Like exact steps they took. Steps to duplicate are very helpful.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• apdt
  • apdt
12 years 3 months ago #205709 by apdt
Ah I see. Yep, will do that if that happens again. Thanks Kyle! Appreciate your help :)

Moderators: beatnantkrileon