Skip to Content Skip to Menu

URGENT: Database Data Type Changed Without Warning

• GoremanX
  • GoremanX
12 years 3 months ago #205430 by GoremanX
Can I just grab the 2-day old good backup of that table and overwrite the bad one? I've lost a lot of data, and it would be tedious to change all the data types and restore the data manually for each user.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 3 months ago #205491 by krileon
Strange, tried your same steps and still could not duplicate. I've no idea what has done that.

Yes, I suppose you could just take your DB backup and override your current DB.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• GoremanX
  • GoremanX
12 years 3 months ago #205529 by GoremanX
I can reproduce it every time on my site. I'm now afraid to change the order of any fields in case it breaks the field type again.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 3 months ago #205566 by krileon
I've no idea, if you can make a copy of your site and provide backend access as well as FTP access to that copy I can try and investigate the cause, but beyond that I can't see anything in source to cause this nor can I duplicate it.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• GoremanX
  • GoremanX
12 years 3 months ago #206042 by GoremanX
Sorry it took a while to reply (especially since I clearly marked this as "URGENT")

I've made a copy of the site, how do I send you the login credentials?

It's very easy to duplicate the problem:

- in the CB Field Management, scroll down to the fields for the "Member Bio" tab and change ALL of their orders by assigning them new numbers and clicking the save icon at the top of the column.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 3 months ago #206045 by krileon
Send backend super administrator login credentials via PM. I'll also need phpmyadmin and FTP access to allow debug code to be added to investigate further.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon