Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Online School

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 3 months ago #205891 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Online School
For sending files to teachers I recommend buying the premium attachment plugin for UddeIM. This will let them attach files to their private messages. This would ensure things stay private between teacher and student. I suppose you could do this with GJ and have each student have a private group that the teachers can view.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• AlanJones
  • AlanJones
12 years 3 months ago #205894 by AlanJones
Replied by AlanJones on topic Re: Online School
I'm using uddIM messaging with attachments. It keeps a record of the message on the site, which I want, and e-mails the teacher. Also once sent the learner can't go back and edit and no other learner gets to see it.

Own Your Own Community!

• AlanJones
  • AlanJones
12 years 3 months ago #205897 by AlanJones
I just read this after my last post :)
Yes, I considered a separate group for each student, but then you'd need one for each class they are attending, it could get a little unwieldy. I like the uddIM messaging solution best.

How about a GJ feature request where group members could post message & attachments that only the group owner could see?

Own Your Own Community!

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 3 months ago #205899 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Online School

Yes, I considered a separate group for each student, but then you'd need one for each class they are attending, it could get a little unwieldy

We'll you could have Categories for each subject, then a group in each category for each teacher, then a nested group for each student of each teacher. All of this could basically be automated with the GJ Auto Integration though at time of registration (assuming this information is known ahead of time). Example of how it'd be structured as follows.

Math
- Mr. Mike
- - Jake
- - Billy
- - Mary

How about a GJ feature request where group members could post message & attachments that only the group owner could see?

It's too specific, sorry. You're certainly welcome to try and modify the file integration however. It should just be a matter of editing the authorized function to ensure only specific set of users can access the information.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• AlanJones
  • AlanJones
12 years 3 months ago #205901 by AlanJones
Hmmm, I hadn't considered nested groups. And I'm just beginning experimenting with the Auto function (which is great by the way!)
I think I might give that a try.

Thanks!

Own Your Own Community!

• AlanJones
  • AlanJones
12 years 3 months ago #205958 by AlanJones
I'm going to stick with the uddIM solution. otherwise it's too many groups for the teacher to manage, especially if she has multiple classes to teach.

Own Your Own Community!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon