Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[SOLVED] CB Privacy change Privacy level selection

• Kullus
  • Kullus
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #206337 by Kullus
I've got the latest releases of CB, CB Privacy and Joomla. Within CB Privacy I only use two privacy levels: Show data on profile or Don't show data on Profile.

Is there a way to change the CB Privacy selection to a checkbox (i.e. check if field should be shown on profile)? Alternatively can I change the text of the drop down field to Public / Private or similar?
Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by Kullus.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 3 months ago #206340 by krileon

Is there a way to change the CB Privacy selection to a checkbox (i.e. check if field should be shown on profile)?

Nope, not without editing the plugin and changing it from a dropdown.

Alternatively can I change the text of the drop down field to Public / Private or similar?

Yup, it uses language strings which you can find at the below location.

IN: components/com_comprofiler/plugin/language/default_language/cbteamplugins_language.php
ON: Lines 381 - 394
Code:
CBTxt::addStrings( array( 'Visible on profile' => 'Visible on profile', 'Only to logged-in users' => 'Only to logged-in users', 'Only for direct connections' => 'Only for direct connections', 'Only for %s' => 'Only for %s', 'Also for connections\' connections' => 'Also for connections\' connections', 'Invisible on profile' => 'Invisible on profile', 'Access only to logged-in users. Please login.' => 'Access only to logged-in users. Please login.', 'Access only to logged-in users. Please login or %s.' => 'Access only to logged-in users. Please login or %s.', 'register' => 'register', 'Access only with login' => 'Access only with login', 'Access only to directly connected users' => 'Access only to directly connected users', 'Access only to directly connected users and friends of friends' => 'Access only to directly connected users and friends of friends', ));

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• Kullus
  • Kullus
12 years 3 months ago #206364 by Kullus
Thanks for the quick answer! How does it work with a multi-language setup? Are there strings in the CB language files? Or are there specific language files for each plugin?

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 3 months ago #206368 by krileon

How does it work with a multi-language setup?

Ideally you'd have multiple CB language plugins installed. You'd then edit the cbteamsplugin language file of them and change the CB Privacy string as necessary.

Are there strings in the CB language files?

Don't understand the question. They're all strings.

Or are there specific language files for each plugin?

Only GJ and CBSubs have their own language plugins. CBs can be found below.

forge.joomlapolis.com/projects/lan-cb?jump=welcome

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• Kullus
  • Kullus
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #206372 by Kullus
Got you! I didn't know the cbteamsplugin language file existed - missed that part in your first reply. I looked for the plugin strings in the regular language file.

Found it now, though, and it works great!
Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by Kullus.

• nant
  • nant
12 years 3 months ago #206381 by nant

Kullus wrote: Got you! I didn't know the cbteamsplugin language file existed - missed that part in your first reply. I looked for the plugin strings in the regular language file.

Found it now, though, and it works great!

You should really download and install the CB English language plugin from the forge area here:
forge.joomlapolis.com/projects/lan-cb-en/files (the CB 1.8 one is fine as there are no language changes).

Once installed you edit that plugin's files - this way next time you upgrade CB your defaulyt language changes will not be lost.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon