Skip to Content Skip to Menu

About CB-quickstart-pro_1.0.0

• frodo151
  • frodo151
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #208360 by frodo151
Replied by frodo151 on topic Re: About CB-quickstart-pro_1.0.0
Had problems with installation also. Finally installed using Firefox browser. Problems and issues with IE9.
After CB core installs READ CAREFULLY what is on the Install Page. Even though java icon still rotating it says "after CB core install finishes click here to continue". I missed that on the first try.
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by frodo151.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• aksudu
  • aksudu
12 years 2 months ago #208368 by aksudu
Replied by aksudu on topic Re: About CB-quickstart-pro_1.0.0
Is this only for a new and clean install? What if CB 1.8.1 is already installed and also some of the other add ons? Do we need to uninstall all of them first?

Thanks...
The following user(s) said Thank You: jojo12

• jojo12
  • jojo12
12 years 2 months ago #208370 by jojo12
Replied by jojo12 on topic Re: About CB-quickstart-pro_1.0.0
I want to know this too. Installing over CB 1.8.1, does it change all settings?
Or only the wrong ones? Or when there are wrong settings, does it helps nothing?

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 2 months ago #208376 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: About CB-quickstart-pro_1.0.0
It'll upgrade anything already installed on an existing install and it'll reconfigure on an existing install as well. Its main purpose was those new to CB to be able to have an easy to use install package to provide a complete CB. You do not have to uninstall anything.

Please note CB has a second step install process. If your browser blocks the automatic pop-up then you'll need to click the link it provides for you to open the second step install. Once completed you'll need to click the link that tells the installer CB is done. Next release will have these links much more obvious.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jojo12

• jojo12
  • jojo12
12 years 2 months ago #208377 by jojo12
Replied by jojo12 on topic Re: About CB-quickstart-pro_1.0.0
My question is this. If someone has problems with cb perhaps because of wrong settings, can this quickstart help him to automatic correct the wrong settings?

12 years 2 months ago #208378 by pepperstreet
Replied by pepperstreet on topic Re: About CB-quickstart-pro_1.0.0
Some issues on J1.5.26. Quickstart 1.0.1

Is it normal, that the installer opens the new window with success...
and i have to go back to click in the previous window on the tiny text "click here..."

On first sight it looks like an error or "freeze". Visually not optimal, and confusing, IMHO.

After "click to continue" I get the following messages:

I guess, the first plugin is J2.5 only, right?!
The second line makes me curious. Does it mean, that the auto-configuration is not complete?
Attachments:

Moderators: beatnantkrileon