Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[SOLVED] How to setup a 'Send e-mail' function?

• vegas77
  • vegas77
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #208373 by vegas77
Can somebody help me?

I have a trouble with user-to-user emails in Community Builder. I guess this function is in the core, so it is shown in a CB menu by default and requires no additional plugins. But it doesn't work on my site. When trying to send an email I get a error message. Though I'm pretty sure that both sender's and receiver's emails are set correctly (since I've set these by myself for these 2 testing accounts).

Does anybody have an idea about how to make in work?
Thanks in advance!

Technical info:
Joomla 2.5.6, CB 1.8.1, website www.instapoker.tv (a can give you login details if needed).

Regards,
Vladimir.
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by krileon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 2 months ago #208391 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: How to setup a 'Send e-mail' function?

I get a error message

What is the error?

Have you tried CB > User Management > Mass Mailer to ensure emails even send?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• vegas77
  • vegas77
12 years 2 months ago #208393 by vegas77
Replied by vegas77 on topic Re: How to setup a 'Send e-mail' function?
I use a russian version - the error is 'Отправка Вашего письма не прошла! Пожалуйста попытайтесь еще раз.' . Strict translation is 'Your email is not sent! Please try again.'

Let me check the mass mailers, I'll report you shortly.

Regards,
Vladimir.

• vegas77
  • vegas77
12 years 2 months ago #208395 by vegas77
OK Kyle, I've just checked the mass mailer - it works fine. I've sent a mass mail to 2 testing users, it is delivered to both mailboxes.

Regards,
Vladimir.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 2 months ago #208398 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: How to setup a 'Send e-mail' function?
Do registration emails send successfully? Please grab the original string that is being translated so I can see exactly what's triggering that string. I'm guessing the 10 emails per hour limit is being hit (I think that's the limit, maybe it's per day?).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• vegas77
  • vegas77
12 years 2 months ago #208400 by vegas77
Yes, everything's alright with the registration emails. Just created a new user to ensure.

I never heard about any 'per hour/ per day' limitations for a number of emails. Could you tell me where I should check it?

The original error message is: _UE_SENTEMAILFAILED . In English it is: Your email failed to send! Please try again.

Regards,
Vladimir.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon