Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[SOLVED] How to setup a 'Send e-mail' function?

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 2 months ago #208407 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: How to setup a 'Send e-mail' function?
Are you using any 3rd party plugins that could affect the email form? Like CB Public Mail? The error message implies the entire mailer function failed. Does it fail for every user to user email or just a specific user? Ensure the email addresses are absolutely valid.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• vegas77
  • vegas77
12 years 2 months ago #208413 by vegas77
Replied by vegas77 on topic Re: How to setup a 'Send e-mail' function?
1) Fails with every user.
2) ABSOLUTELY sure that email addresses are valid.
3) I use no additional mailing plugins for CB.
4) No matter if Latin/cyrillic characters in email topic and body.
5) No matter which category sender and receiver belong to - super users, registered users etc.

Regards,
Vladimir.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 2 months ago #208417 by krileon
Strange, please PM backend super administrator login credentials as well as FTP login credentials so can debug further. FTP is needed for me to add debug code to the mailer and see why it errors.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• vegas77
  • vegas77
12 years 2 months ago #208461 by vegas77
Replied by vegas77 on topic Re: How to setup a 'Send e-mail' function?
Hey Kyle!

You'll be surprised but miracles happen :).
After your yesterday request of admin login details, I was trying to figure out which is the best way to give you an access without any risk of data/site availability loss. Finally I decided to upload the site copy to a testing subdomain in order to make it separate form the main site. A new database with imported contents was a part of it too. After I've done this, I've double-checked if these user emails work on the subdomain - and they worked! (while on the main site they still did not). And the only difference between these 2 site copies was a database name and user.

And you know what? I've created one more clean database, imported the contents and switched the site to this new one - after that everything works fine with the emails!

So, even without knowing a reason, I've managed to solve the problem. And in fact you helped me a lot - if you wouldn't request a super admin access I wouldn't do all these moves.

So thanks very much! If you have any ideas about it - share with me please.

Regards,
Vladimir.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 2 months ago #208476 by krileon
That's pretty strange. My guess is the database went out of sync or for some reason the "email" column ended up in _comprofiler making it seam like users had no email addresses. Anyway, glad you got it fixed!

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
The following user(s) said Thank You: vegas77

Moderators: beatnantkrileon