Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Membership renewal button missing

• edjec
  • edjec
  • Add-ons
12 years 2 weeks ago #211942 by edjec
Membership renewal button missing was created by edjec
Over the past several months we have been experiencing very sporadic complaints from current members about not being able to renew and/or being redirected to the new registration screen when they try to renew. Upon investigation, we've discovered that the renewal button is missing from their renewal screen and that they may not have a membership plan to renew, although their membership is still present and active (or expired) in the database cbsubs_subscriptions table.

This occurs about 4 to 8 times a month and doesn't seem to follow any pattern or time span. Most of these are long term members (several years or more). The only way to correct is to edit the database cbsubs_subscriptions table and clear the status and plan_id fields to allow re-importation of their CVS membership record. After import, go back to the database and set status field to "X" if their original plan had expired or "A" if still active. After doing this, the renewal button and membership plan and upgrade path are present again.

I am aware of the fact that if a plan is changed, then any prior membership of that plan will not reflect the change and must be re-imported. There have been no changes to any of our plans since the site went live 15 months ago. Coincidentally, this seems to have started about the same time as the issues on another post I made: 211938-last-visit-date-is-not-updating

I'm wondering if these issues might be related, but they haven't affected the same members.

Any ideas?

Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
12 years 2 weeks ago #211948 by nant

• edjec
  • edjec
  • Add-ons
12 years 2 weeks ago #211986 by edjec
Replied by edjec on topic Re: Membership renewal button missing
Oops, sorry. I included them on the referred to post, but forgot them here.

J 1.5.26, CB 1.8.1, CB Subs 2.0.1

Unfortunately, when I try to update to v2.0.2, it crashes the system and presents the WSOD, and I must roll back to 2.0.1. This was true on both the production and the development servers. The update must conflict with another installed component or module, but I have no idea which it might be or how to determine which.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 2 weeks ago #212040 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Membership renewal button missing
Please edit your plans and on the Pricing tab check that "Total number of occurrences of regular validity/price (0=unlimitted):" is set to 0; this gives unlimited renewals. Next ensure "Renewable in advance by:" is not set to "Non-renewable".

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• edjec
  • edjec
  • Add-ons
12 years 2 weeks ago #212070 by edjec
Replied by edjec on topic Re: Membership renewal button missing
I did have the Total Occurrences set to 3 (yrs), but Renewable in Advance is set to 1 yr. It is now set as you indicated.

However, in all cases, these members were renewing for only 1 year and none had reached the maximum of a three year membership. It is my understanding that if someone had renewed for the maximum of three years, the Renewal button would be hidden and not available, but that was not the case. In each instance, these memberships had either recently expired within a few days or were set to expire within a month.

Please help me understand what might be transpiring here.

Thanks,
Ed

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 2 weeks ago #212126 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Membership renewal button missing
You just said the renewal button is missing? Now it's not missing? I'm quite confused. If the button is hidden then they've reached a state where they can't renew. This could be due to maximum occurrences or they could have renewed in advance by a year already and that year isn't up yet. For example if I've a duration of 1 year and I set "Renewable in advance by:" to 1 year; I then renew in advanced right after subscribing I'll have 2 years of a subscription, but I can not renew again until at least 1 of those years is up as I am only allowed to renew in advance by 1 year and it's now 2 years duration.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon