Skip to Content Skip to Menu

CBSub as Mod?

12 years 1 week ago #212289 by coltonalton
CBSub as Mod? was created by coltonalton
Hi, I need some help with CB Subs. I got it installed, but it is not real clear on how I make it visible on the front-end.

I'm not planning to use CB Subs as part of the user registration. Rather, I want to present users with options to purchase a subscription plans to products I'm planning to sell. For example, users will be able to purchase a model where they are billed each month or they can select to pay in full up front.

How do I set this up within CB subs? I've set up plans, but it is not clear on how I get this activated and visible on the front-end. I've read through the entire 600 page CB Subs manual, but I did not see anywhere that addressed this. Perhaps I missed it.

Can someone either point me to the part of the manual that covers this or tell me how I make these plans visible for purchase on the front end for end users.

Thanks!
C

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 1 week ago #212346 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: CBSub as Mod?
Page 54 of your documentation begins first time install instructions. This is where it'll also describe various plugins and how to install them. Then on page 139 is where it begins helping you through configuration.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 1 week ago #212426 by coltonalton
Replied by coltonalton on topic Re: CBSub as Mod?

krileon wrote: Page 54 of your documentation begins first time install instructions. This is where it'll also describe various plugins and how to install them. Then on page 139 is where it begins helping you through configuration.

Thanks Kyle. I got it installed and configured. The issue is that I cannot get it to be visible on the front end. Do you add CB subs as a module or how do you set it up so that plans are purchasable on the front end by users?

That's what I need help with.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 1 week ago #212433 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: CBSub as Mod?
Ensure CB Paid Subscriptions is enabled within CB > Plugin Management. Next ensure the "Subscriptions" tab found in CB > Tab Management is public and published. Once done navigate to CBSubs and create a new payment gateway (could be offline, dummy, etc.. doesn't matter which really) and ensure it's enabled. Now navigate to CBSubs > Plans and create your first plan (leave defaults under Workflows and Access). You should see your plan on registration now (as long as you're using CB registration of course!).

Do you add CB subs as a module or how do you set it up so that plans are purchasable on the front end by users?

Please read carefully as the documentation explains what CBSubs is and does and how to configure it.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 1 week ago #212440 by coltonalton

krileon wrote: Ensure CB Paid Subscriptions is enabled within CB > Plugin Management. Next ensure the "Subscriptions" tab found in CB > Tab Management is public and published. Once done navigate to CBSubs and create a new payment gateway (could be offline, dummy, etc.. doesn't matter which really) and ensure it's enabled. Now navigate to CBSubs > Plans and create your first plan (leave defaults under Workflows and Access). You should see your plan on registration now (as long as you're using CB registration of course!).

Thanks for these additional comments. 2 quick questions.
1. is the "Subscriptions" tab suppose to be visible on the front end?
2. I do not want to have the subscription plan as part of the registration. Can it be set up independently of the registration?

Thanks

12 years 1 week ago #212445 by coltonalton

krileon wrote: Ensure CB Paid Subscriptions is enabled within CB > Plugin Management. Next ensure the "Subscriptions" tab found in CB > Tab Management is public and published. Once done navigate to CBSubs and create a new payment gateway (could be offline, dummy, etc.. doesn't matter which really) and ensure it's enabled. Now navigate to CBSubs > Plans and create your first plan (leave defaults under Workflows and Access). You should see your plan on registration now (as long as you're using CB registration of course!).

Do you add CB subs as a module or how do you set it up so that plans are purchasable on the front end by users?

Please read carefully as the documentation explains what CBSubs is and does and how to configure it.

Another way to ask this question is this: can I present users with the option of purchasing subscription plans AFTER they have registered with the site? If so, how would I do this / set this up?

Thanks!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon