Skip to Content Skip to Menu

LDAP and CB Login

• zsoltolah
  • zsoltolah
9 years 8 months ago - 9 years 8 months ago #259598 by zsoltolah
LDAP and CB Login was created by zsoltolah
Hi,

I have the latest CB and Joomla 2.5.x. Just installed CB and everything is smooth except new users logging in. Users are authenticated against the Active Directory using LDAP (JMapMyLDAP). The problem is that when a new user logs in Joomla the user is created, I can see it in the backend. However, CB Login throws an invalid username/password error. I guess they're not synced. If the user tries to log in again, it works but this time they're getting a message that the process is not complete yet (Your sign up process is not yet complete!...).

However, from there on users can login and logout without an issue and no more messages.

I set the login type to include CMS Authentication, turned off all email requirements and removed text from the email body (email was still sent out even if the settings was set to NO). Same settings worked for Jomsocial.

Any suggestions?

Thanks a lot!

Zsolt
Last edit: 9 years 8 months ago by zsoltolah.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
9 years 8 months ago #259630 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic LDAP and CB Login
Does the user exist in the _comprofiler database table when attempting to login with an LDAP account? As I've no LDAP server I've no means of testing this so I honestly can't tell you if it even works. Only Google login was tested as working as far as authentication plugins go. The user should be created in Joomla by the authentication plugin. CB then checks for them when it's checking authentication plugin logins, creates and enables their CB user, then logs them in. That's the expected behavior at least.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• zsoltolah
  • zsoltolah
9 years 8 months ago #259639 by zsoltolah
Replied by zsoltolah on topic LDAP and CB Login
Thank you for getting back! No, the user exists in _users and _k2_users but there's no corresponding row in _comprofiler. However, the next time the user tries to log in (without even refreshing the browser or anything just hitting login) the user exists.

The error message the login module spits out is "Incorrect email or password". Do you why it's not username and password? In the login users enter their username/password not email. Not sure if it makes any difference.

• krileon
  • krileon
9 years 8 months ago #259686 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic LDAP and CB Login
Please try using Joomlas built in LDAP authentication plugin instead of your current 3rd party authentication plugin and see if Joomlas will work.

If still not working then please PM backend super administrator login credentials, FTP login credentials, and login credentials for an LDAP user. As I have no LDAP usage setup this will be the quickest way to investigate and fix the authentication plugin usage in CB when using LDAP.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• beat
  • beat
7 years 1 month ago #297528 by beat
Replied by beat on topic LDAP and CB Login
Posting this to old LDAP threads, just as a convenience to Joomla LDAP authentication plugin users:

If you are using the LDAP authentication plugin of Joomla in Joomla 1.5 through 3.7.5: Stop what you are doing and Update immediately to Joomla 3.8.0 (LDAP-security release) !

If you don't understand what LDAP is, then it's not an issue for you (you should sure upgrade to Joomla 3.8, but it's not as urgent).

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

• mikerotec
  • mikerotec
7 years 1 month ago - 7 years 1 month ago #297541 by mikerotec
Replied by mikerotec on topic LDAP and CB Login (??)
And if you are NOT using the LDAP plugin, then the latent (unactivated) LDAP Auth plugin doesn't offer any security risk?

I am loathe to apply any Joomla "300 improvements! feature update" ( I do not need or want any new features!) and it doesnt look like the two security patches are an issue for me. (Archived Articles is disabled - we do not use it... and LDAP plugin is unused/not installed).

So I would prefer NOT to upgrade to J3.8 any time soon, at least til I have had time to thoroughly vet it on DEV server with all of our third party stuff.

QUESTION: any known issues for CB / CBsubs with this J3.8 update?
Last edit: 7 years 1 month ago by mikerotec.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon