Skip to Content Skip to Menu

You do not have permission to create files in this gallery.

• tkirk05
  • tkirk05
7 years 7 months ago #292205 by tkirk05
when i was going thru the tutorial i noticed that the i couldnt get the upload file box to show up for videos, and now i have CB gallery and when i try to upload a video it tells me "You do not have permission to create files in this gallery." ive scoured the internet and ive lost hope. I need you wise joomlapolis person

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 7 months ago #292218 by krileon
The video you're trying to upload is not recognized as a video so it falls back to a file, which you appear to not allow file uploads. The support video extensions are as follows.

mp4
ogv
ogg
webm
m4v

Additionally youtube links are supported if you allow linking. No other video file extensions are allowed as only the above are HTML5 valid and can actually play in browsers. All other video file extensions would just be a download and fall under the File gallery type.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• tkirk05
  • tkirk05
7 years 7 months ago #292263 by tkirk05
How would i allow file uploads, ive tried uploading files like a word document and it lets me, and the videos are in mp4 format

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 7 months ago #292284 by krileon
If you've file uploads enabled and you try to upload an mp4 and it sees it as a file and not a video then it's likely video uploads were disabled then. You can globally configure all galleries within CB Gallery > Parameters in CB > Plugin Management. You can configure the profile gallery specifically within the Gallery tab in CB > Tab Management. By default this all works out of the box. Have you tried uploading your video to our demo site to see if it's working there?

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• tkirk05
  • tkirk05
7 years 7 months ago #292293 by tkirk05
where is your demo site

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 7 months ago #292297 by krileon
Click the "Demo" menu link at the top of every page here on JP. Below will take you there as well.

demo.cbdemosites.com/

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon