Skip to Content Skip to Menu

You do not have permission to create files in this gallery.

• tkirk05
  • tkirk05
7 years 7 months ago #292309 by tkirk05
it wont let me upload on the demo site either, is it what im trying to upload?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 7 months ago #292316 by krileon
The demo site did not have video uploads enabled. Once video uploads were enabled and the maximum file size parameter adjusted the below sample mp4 video uploaded fine.

www.quirksmode.org/html5/videos/big_buck_bunny.mp4

Please ensure you've enabled video uploads by navigating to CB > Plugin Management > CB Gallery > Parameters > Videos > Create and set "Upload" to "Enable".

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• venecam
  • venecam
7 years 6 months ago #293438 by venecam
I downloaded the mp4 you showed on this post and uploaded to my site and it worked and played well. I have other mp4 files I have uploaded and you can only see a black or grey windows and only hear sound. Why some mp4 files work and other ones dont work? I need to solve this problem. Thanks!

Attachments:

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 6 months ago #293470 by krileon
Sounds like your videos were encoded incorrectly. See the below for browser HTML5 supported media formats and their supported codecs.

developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/HTML/Supported_media_formats

Believe your MP4 must be encoded with H.264 codec or will not work.

CB Gallery does not do any transcoding. So it's not going to be like YouTube where you upload whatever you want and it fixes the encoding. CB Gallery will never be able to do this as transcoding is too heavy for most servers and rarely is ffmpeg installed to even do the transcoding.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon