Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Mystery - vanishing baskets...

• beat
  • beat
7 years 6 months ago #292957 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Mystery - vanishing baskets... (AGAIN)
I still don't have any reply from Paypal on the technical support ticket for this Paypal bug, opened at the Paypal developers site.

To install CBSubs nightly, which includes a workaround for the "+" bug of Paypal.com, it's same process as for a normal release, backup then install over (through Joomla installer so you can update all integration plugins at same time..

The missing Paypal.com IPNs bug and the wrong url Paypal.com bug seems to have vanished here, so replaying old IPNs now works with new urls (for most of them).

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info
The following user(s) said Thank You: mikerotec

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• mikerotec
  • mikerotec
7 years 6 months ago #292958 by mikerotec
Replied by mikerotec on topic Mystery - vanishing baskets... (AGAIN)
I just got a reply and it says only "We are continuing to work on your issue. If you have more information, update your question here:"...

I hope they have more thorough and conscientious programmers at Tesla than they do at Paypal... :ohmy:

• mikerotec
  • mikerotec
7 years 6 months ago #293060 by mikerotec
:( the "+" bug is still happening, been four days since I posted the Paypal ticket, and no response yet ... You would think the billion dollar software companies would be able to fix one bug without breaking something else! We're talking STRING REPLACEMENT LOGIC here...:S

I'm really reluctant to mess with our installation, but it's starting to look like a nightly build install is pending. That's a couple hours of scheduled site downtime, and I really have better things to do with my evenings and weekends. (THANKS PAYPAL)

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 6 months ago #293066 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Mystery - vanishing baskets... (AGAIN)
Beat released a nightly build to workaround the issue. Is the issue still present for you even with the nightly build?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• mikerotec
  • mikerotec
7 years 6 months ago #293071 by mikerotec
Negative! I have not yet installed the nightly build. I was hoping that Paypal would FIX THEIR PROBLEM before I had to.

BTW, is that nightly build going to turn into an update sometime very soon? (If yes, I would just grit my teeth and continue with manually updating failed baskets 3x a day...)

Since our site has a nearly continuous flow of traffic 24/7 it's awkward scheduling downtime. And for me, it means taking the site offline, backing up the web and database, installing the fix, TESTING RIGOROUSLY ( since it's critical code!), then crossing my fingers and putting the site back online. AND, I have to allow an extra hour in the maintenance window... JUST IN CASE the patch fails (or breaks something else!) and I have to roll back to the backup...

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 6 months ago #293075 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Mystery - vanishing baskets... (AGAIN)

Negative! I have not yet installed the nightly build. I was hoping that Paypal would FIX THEIR PROBLEM before I had to.

Unfortunately you could be waiting an eternity for them to fix it.

BTW, is that nightly build going to turn into an update sometime very soon? (If yes, I would just grit my teeth and continue with manually updating failed baskets 3x a day...)

I don't know. Our builds are tested exactly the same way a stable release is tested. At this point there is no difference between builds (formally nightlies) and stable.

Since our site has a nearly continuous flow of traffic 24/7 it's awkward scheduling downtime. And for me, it means taking the site offline, backing up the web and database, installing the fix, TESTING RIGOROUSLY ( since it's critical code!), then crossing my fingers and putting the site back online. AND, I have to allow an extra hour in the maintenance window... JUST IN CASE the patch fails (or breaks something else!) and I have to roll back to the backup...

I understand completely, but this maybe a build worth doing all of that for given it affects your payments.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mikerotec

Moderators: beatnantkrileon