Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Mystery - vanishing baskets...

• mikerotec
  • mikerotec
7 years 7 months ago #292290 by mikerotec
Replied by mikerotec on topic Mystery - vanishing baskets...
Thanks! for the record, is IPN supposed to be "turned on" (in Paypal)? Our system has been running fine forever (4 years since I have been here) but I wasn't here when it was originally set up. Paypal backend is saying "The IPN feature is turned off"..."

There have never been any configuration changes on my watch, so I don't know what Paypal is on about!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• mikerotec
  • mikerotec
7 years 7 months ago #292294 by mikerotec
Incidentally, (been googling) it seems all this has been going on for a couple of weeks ( since Feb 15th-ish?) and originally has to do with some background "SSL upgrading" that paypal is trying to do. And I thought that this might be of interest ... stackoverflow.com/questions/42334286/missing-custom-values-in-paypal-ipn/42686950#42686950

Now I am off to double check all of my recurring payments for the last three weeks...

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 7 months ago #292298 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Mystery - vanishing baskets...
Yes, IPNs should be turned on. If they're not on be sure to follow the instructions in the CBSubs documentation or in the backend of your PayPal gateway. In most cases PDT will work fine, but if the payment is delayed for any reason PDT won't pay it immediately and will depend on the IPN. Most likely IPNs are absolutely turned on already for you if you had no issues for 4 years. I do not suggest changing any of your settings at this time as it's a breaking change made on PayPals end.

Yes, this issue is entirely at fault of PayPal as they're breaking IPN URLs and no we have no idea why yet. No, there's likely nothing we can do about it. Yes, it's a matter of waiting until they fix it. Yes, you'll need to manually pay baskets where the IPN did not show up (you can do this within CBSubs > Baskets).

It appears to be affecting only some of PayPals servers as reported below. I imagine by tomorrow or Friday they'll have it completely sorted out.

stackoverflow.com/questions/42669566/querystring-values-removed-from-the-ipn-endpoint-by-paypal

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mikerotec

• mikerotec
  • mikerotec
7 years 7 months ago #292301 by mikerotec
After checking confirmation of all old payments since Feb15th, the first glitch I saw was back on Feb 16th.
For us, it seems to be only about 10% of recurring payments affected.

FWIW, I just got feedback in my Paypal ticket on this: "I believe I see what is causing the problem now. We have a bug report of some notify URLs being truncated at the "&" symbol which causes the IPN to be sent to the wrong URL. I am going to leave this ticket in a "Pending Fix" status until I have heard of an update from our engineers regarding the IPNs being truncated."

• mikerotec
  • mikerotec
7 years 6 months ago #292955 by mikerotec
Replied by mikerotec on topic Mystery - vanishing baskets... (AGAIN)
This appeared FIXED a couple weeks ago, and now the Paypal IPN glitch appears to have reared its ugly head AGAIN. ( since April 4, intermittent baskets not getting updated) :(

I have filed a new paypal ticket to see if it's a known issue or not, but they typically take some days to reply...

I just peeked in our settings for the Paypal Gateway account ( it's the only gateway we use) - and I see there we do NOT have any IPN settings in there.

I'm sure this has never been changed by anyone since day one...

AND, also I see now that it's set for "Enable Single Payments" even though we actually take single payments and recurring payments, and recurring payments are working just fine.

Is this a new setting since CB2 upgrade that I somehow missed? Should it be set to BOTH?

And should I mess with this now ( while it seems IPN is maybe going buggy again)??

About 8 baskets of the past 30 didint get IPN-updated...

• mikerotec
  • mikerotec
7 years 6 months ago #292956 by mikerotec
Replied by mikerotec on topic Mystery - vanishing baskets... (AGAIN)
Yep its paypal GLITCH AGAIN (sigh)

Saw the "+" issue in another thread, I get same errors, like
Code:
Payment notification mismatch: currency, item name or number or quantity mismatch: IPN item_name (Annual+Subscription+to+[redacted].com+($29.95+USD)+for+[redacted]+[redacted]) does not match basket item_name (Annual Subscription to [redacted].com ($29.95 USD) for [redacted] [redacted]) nor their trimmed sizes for IPN (Annual+Subscription+to+[redacted].com+($29.95+USD)+for+[redacted]+[redacted]) and basket (Annual Subscription to [redacted].com ($29.95 USD) for [redacted] [redacted]).

But any light on the configurations issues (??) .

I'm debating getting the new nightly build, but not sure of the install process ( just overwrites, or ??)

For now maybe just as simple to monitor manually. Who knows what the next Paypal "Fix" will bring...

Moderators: beatnantkrileon