Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[SOLVED] CB Gallery upload error

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 6 months ago #292931 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Gallery upload error
Have reviewed your install and I know what the issue is, but no idea the cause. For some reason the _FILES global is being trashed. Something keeps emptying it, but I've no idea why or what. Likely something installed, but as you've so much installed it's impossible for me to track this down.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Vorak
  • Vorak
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #292943 by Vorak
Replied by Vorak on topic CB Gallery upload error
I have tried disabling everything in the extension manager except for the things that belong to Joomla itself and to CB (only in the clone, not the live site).

The upload of an image still doesn't work in CB Gallery.

On another note, registering an account and logging in does work (in regards to the issue I spoke of in another post), so at least there is something I can troubleshoot in that regards.

Would it be possible that the Gallery issue is still caused by an extension even if that extension is disabled in the extension manager? If not, then the cause would have to be somewhere else still.
Last edit: 7 years 6 months ago by Vorak.

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 6 months ago #292948 by krileon
The cause could be Joomla 2.5, I don't know. Do all uploads fail? Files, videos, music, etc.. I really don't know what more to suggest beyond migrate to Joomla 3.x and we can debug further if issue persists.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• Vorak
  • Vorak
7 years 6 months ago #292954 by Vorak
The login problem I mentioned before is resolved due to two things belonging to the Joomla core having been disabled. But that is unrelated to the CB Gallery problem.

Yes, the same problem occurs when I try to upload, for example, a .doc or .txt file. Regardless of whether the file uploads is enabled or disabled, the outcome on the frontend remains the same.

I assume it's either a PHP version issue, or a Joomla 2.5 issue. I will see about trying to upgrade the clone to Joomla 3 one of these days and then I'll get back to you with the results.

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 6 months ago #292974 by krileon
Try upgrading to PHP 5.6 first to see if that solves your issue. It should cause no negative impact doing so. If not then certainly prepare to migrate to Joomla 3.x which is a relatively painless migration.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

• Vorak
  • Vorak
7 years 6 months ago #292993 by Vorak
The problem is that I can't upgrade PHP to any newer version myself. I'm not on a dedicated server but a virtual server. Only the provider can do a PHP upgrade. And seeing that I'm on an old server, they are not going to upgrade that one anymore. I will be moved to a new server, with obviously an up-to-date PHP version among other things, by the end of this month or the beginning of next month. Until then, there's nothing I can do but wait and make sure my current Joomla installation is up-to-date and ready for migrating to Joomla 3.

I can already try to migrate to Joomla 3 with my clone site, but not with the live site as I am making use of Kunena forums and their latest version will not run on PHP 5.3.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon