Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[SOLVED] CB Gallery upload error

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 6 months ago #293051 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Gallery upload error
I don't know what to suggest other than waiting until you can upgrade then. On your Joomla 3.x clone does CB Gallery still not work? That'd at least give you an idea that it could be PHP related or due to something installed.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Vorak
  • Vorak
7 years 3 months ago #295357 by Vorak
Replied by Vorak on topic CB Gallery upload error
Hello, it's been awhile but now that I was finally able to move my Joomla to a new server, a small update on the gallery upload issue:

The problem still persists, the error remains the same. So we can rule out a PHP version issue, as this server currently runs on 5.6.30.

I have yet to upgrade to Joomla 3, which I will do in the upcoming days/weeks (first testing everything in a duplicate environment to be sure), so I will let you know if that will have resolved the issue or not.

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 3 months ago #295376 by krileon
My guess is then at that point it's something installed likely conflicting. I've no idea why _FILES keeps being emptied on your install for CB Gallery uploads. A Joomla system plugin would be capable of doing that.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• Vorak
  • Vorak
7 years 3 months ago #295382 by Vorak
Back a few months ago, I had already tried disabling all plugins that I could, and the gallery upload still wasn't resolved.

I will wait until I have upgraded to Joomla 3 and see if the problem still persists then. I'll let you know the outcome.

• Vorak
  • Vorak
7 years 2 months ago #296151 by Vorak
Hello again,

I wanted to update you again on the Gallery upload issue.

I have recently finished a successful test upgrade of my website to Joomla 3, using an extension called MigrateMe Plus that helped me figure out which extensions were giving compatibility issues with J3 and needed to be removed/replaced.

With this working Joomla 3 test website, I have tried to upload images to the gallery again, and this time with success! No more issues or errors like before, the image upload works fine, the display is fine, and CB Activity shows it perfectly on the activity wall.

I don't know if it is because it's Joomla 3 that the issue resolved itself, or because of some or other extension or plugin that was giving issues and now isn't on there anymore. I'm just glad that it resolved itself lol. I still have to upgrade the live site, but seeing as that one is an almost exact copy, I don't think that the outcome there will be any different.
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 2 months ago #296167 by krileon
That's great news! Thanks for keeping us up to date.

With some extra news for you CB Gallery can now directly upload on your activity streams and with latest nightly client side resizing is now implemented in CB Gallery (so no more struggling to pointlessly upload a massive photo that'd just resize server side). Be sure to update CB, CB Activity, CB Auto Actions, and CB Gallery to latest builds to take advantage of those new features.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
The following user(s) said Thank You: Vorak, JoaoTapuia

Moderators: beatnantkrileon