Skip to Content Skip to Menu

How do the notifications in CB activity work?

• timstohr
  • timstohr
7 years 6 months ago #292940 by timstohr
Hi Kyle,
Although there has been some activity on my site, there is absolutely nothing showing in Notifications. How do these work?

Also, I would need to have a "something" where the user can click on that brings them to the notifications and that "something" is a joomla module that I can place anywhere on the site. If you have a link to the activity stream or a menu that would be awesome.

Thanks

Tim

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 6 months ago #292947 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic How do the notifications in CB activity work?
Something has to log a notification (e.g. CB Auto Actions), which is just an activity entry. To log a notification the activity asset must begin with "notification.". Currently nothing logs notifications. Logging of notifications is planned in a later release of CB Auto Actions after I implement user object looping (e.g. so CB Auto Actions can loop each user in a GJ group and notify them) where I'll add system actions for various notifications.

The notifications window has a link to go to the notifications page. There's a menu endpoint for the notifications page directly if you want a menu item. You can display the notifications button anywhere you like if you set the Asset to "notifications".

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• timstohr
  • timstohr
7 years 6 months ago #293083 by timstohr
Replied by timstohr on topic How do the notifications in CB activity work?
Hi Kyle,
Ok got it how to set the activity to just show notifications. I wanted to get that little ball though as a module as it lights up when someone has a new notification in the notification table. Is that possible?

The notifications window has a link to go to the notifications page. There's a menu endpoint for the notifications page directly if you want a menu item. You can display the notifications button anywhere you like if you set the Asset to "notifications".

Where do I set this? Will that make the ball appear in a module? :huh:
Attachments:

• timstohr
  • timstohr
7 years 6 months ago #293086 by timstohr
2nd question: just created a notification with auto action.

I have on the same trigger an auto action that sends an activity out (shows up on the activity stream) chained together with an activity that sends out the same message but with the asset "notification.event.[var7].[var3]".

I have the problem now that I have no idea how to make this notification show up on every and all users notification stream (which I would need in this current case)? Or how can I send the notification to only selected people?

Thanks

Tim

PS: Kudos on the new cb activity. It is really good and versatile, it seems.

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 6 months ago #293087 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic How do the notifications in CB activity work?

Where do I set this? Will that make the ball appear in a module?

In the activity parameters of the module and yes.

I have the problem now that I have no idea how to make this notification show up on every and all users notification stream (which I would need in this current case)? Or how can I send the notification to only selected people?

Notifications are user specific. It is not possible to display 1 notification to every user. CB Auto Actions can not currently loop users through an action, which is why there is no notification system actions yet (planned in a later release). This means your notification should be as follows.

notification.USER_ID.event.[var7].[var3]

Global notifications (displayed to all users) is planned in a later CB Activity release.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• timstohr
  • timstohr
7 years 6 months ago #293092 by timstohr
Hi
Will it be possible to program it so that it will only send notifications to those who have a certain value in a certain field, eg all those who are interested in XYZ?

That would be needed as well I think.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon