Skip to Content Skip to Menu

How do the notifications in CB activity work?

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 6 months ago #293107 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic How do the notifications in CB activity work?

Will it be possible to program it so that it will only send notifications to those who have a certain value in a certain field, eg all those who are interested in XYZ?

Yes, the user object looping will take a variable from a trigger and if it's an array of users it will loop the action through those users. It ideally would also allow executing a function of an object if the variable specified is an object and loop the results if is an array of users. Couple other scenarios will also be supported, but that's the basis of it. Each user object would go through the same normal behavior of the action (access, conditions, etc..). At some point CB Auto Actions maybe extended further to allow supplying your own query or PHP for user objects so you can execute an action on a trigger on a list of users of your own code. This is why notification system actions are not available yet as that functionality is needed for at least half of the notifications.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• timstohr
  • timstohr
7 years 6 months ago #293124 by timstohr
Replied by timstohr on topic How do the notifications in CB activity work?
Yeah that sounds good and useful as you can then provide the array you want the notifications to be sent to. That would be very useful. Do you have a timeplan for when it will be available? I am guessing you are working on GJ then CBGallery and then Activity no?

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 6 months ago #293132 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic How do the notifications in CB activity work?

Do you have a timeplan for when it will be available?

No, but you can setup some notifications for whatever conditions you like. You just won't be able to send a notification to every member of a GJ group for example.

I am guessing you are working on GJ then CBGallery and then Activity no?

No, CB Activity rewrite is already released. CB Gallery rewrite is also already released. GJ 4.0.0 (its rewrite) won't be until I'm done releasing builds for all other plugins as they have releases that were pushed due to 2-3 months of working on CB Activity. This functionality is dependent on a CB Auto Actions release; CB Activity already has the capability of handling notifications display.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon