Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[SOLVED] Custom Welcome Messages

• fredc15
  • fredc15
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #293252 by fredc15
[SOLVED] Custom Welcome Messages was created by fredc15
Hi,

I would like to have custom Welcome messages based on different selections from a field. Currently, I am using the standard message under Registration in CB Configurations?
Last edit: 7 years 6 months ago by krileon. Reason: Added [SOLVED] tag to subject

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 6 months ago #293256 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Custom Welcome Messages
Do you mean the welcome email or the registration header welcome message? For the email you can use substitutions as documented below.

www.joomlapolis.com/documentation/279-community-builder/tutorials/18353-using-substitutions-throughout-cb

If you mean the registration header you won't be able to customize it based off fields as the user hasn't registered yet nor are they logged in so there's nothing to substitute off of.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• fredc15
  • fredc15
7 years 6 months ago #293261 by fredc15
Replied by fredc15 on topic Custom Welcome Messages
Hi,

I believe I am referring to the Welcome email which would be the first email the user receives after registration. I would like to have two or three different welcome emails based on a certain field selection. Example:

User Selects Option A from [cb_course]
- Welcome email "A" gets sent

User Selects Option B from [cb_course]
- Welcome email "B" gets sent

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 6 months ago #293276 by krileon
In that case you should be able to use IF substitutions for that. Example as follows.

[cb:if cb_course="A"]
OPTION A EMAIL
[cb:elseif cb_course="B"]OPTION B EMAIL[/cb:elseif]
[cb:else]ALL OTHER OPTIONS EMAIL[/cb:else]
[/cb:if]

See the bottom of the substitution below for IF substitution usage information.

www.joomlapolis.com/documentation/279-community-builder/tutorials/18353-using-substitutions-throughout-cb

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• fredc15
  • fredc15
7 years 6 months ago #293287 by fredc15
Replied by fredc15 on topic Custom Welcome Messages
Hi Thanks,

I tried this and I am actually sending out the welcome email after approval. So, I need this to work in the Pending email I suppose. I put the code into the Pending Email box in the configuration and I only am receiving the standard/stock email that says

Thank you for registering with the site's email.

Will this work for pending emails?

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 6 months ago #293292 by krileon
Yes, substitutions work fine in pending and welcome emails. Ensure users are registering through CB and not through Joomla.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon