Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Notifications

• kelleypb
  • kelleypb
7 years 5 months ago #293859 by kelleypb
Notifications was created by kelleypb
How can I configure the notifications globe icon to display connection requests? Or are connection requests displayed elsewhere?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• kelleypb
  • kelleypb
7 years 5 months ago #293860 by kelleypb
Replied by kelleypb on topic Notifications
Also, I thought "likes" and this sort of thing are visible by clicking on the Notifications globe icon. I don't think this is working correctly.

• kelleypb
  • kelleypb
7 years 5 months ago #293861 by kelleypb
I am testing locally and do not have Mercury Mail configured, so I have not tested the email notifications under Configuration > Connections. I just need to know what appears in the Notifications pop-up when you click on the globe icon at top right.

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 5 months ago - 7 years 5 months ago #293889 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Notifications
Notifications doesn't do anything right now. There are no system actions in CB Auto Actions at this time to log notifications. You can certainly add actions to do so by simply prefixing an activity entry asset with "notification.RECIPIENT_USER_ID.". Should have some system actions for logging notifications in next major CB Auto Actions release.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Last edit: 7 years 5 months ago by krileon. Reason: typo

• kelleypb
  • kelleypb
7 years 5 months ago #293892 by kelleypb
That's quite unfortunate, because the icon resembles the Facebook notifications icon which everyone clicks on when they land on their page. I thought users at least received a message of an email notification from a connect with user request.

This copy is from the Joomlapolis home page:

Kyle has already blogged twice about this new release and its new features. Announcements, emotions, places, actions, tags, comments, likes, mentions, links, article discussions, notifications and many more awesome features will make your Community Builder website come alive. From a technical perspective, CB Activity 4.0 is a masterpiece! It looks awesome on all viewing devices (desktops, tablets and smart-phones) and it auto-streams as soon as new happenings take place. And as CB Activity 4.0 is a total rewrite, it has an improved API that can now be taken advantage of by other add-ons.

Does this mean that the notifications button is still a work in progress?

• kelleypb
  • kelleypb
7 years 5 months ago #293893 by kelleypb
If the Notifications button doesn't do anything, is it possible to turn it off? I am doing a site for university students and I don't want to get "the notifications button didn't work" in every student review of the website.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon