Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Notifications

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 5 months ago #293898 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Notifications
You can turn it off within CB Activity > Parameters > General by setting "Notifications" to "Disable". You can have notifications on connection requests, but you'll have to create those auto actions your self as there isn't any system actions for notifications right now. Example as follows would add a notification

notification.42.connection.32

So the above for example would be a notification to user id 42 of a connection request from user id 32. The owner of the activity entry would also be set to 32. These of course in the auto action would be substitutions based off whatever trigger is used (see the system actions for logging connection activity for examples).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• kelleypb
  • kelleypb
7 years 5 months ago #293908 by kelleypb
Replied by kelleypb on topic Notifications
So I understand that by turning off the Notifications globe icon and pop-up to check notifications I should still expect connection request emails to be sent, assuming I have enabled that feature?

Also, is there any simple way to enable "likes" to appear in the notifications globe icon/pop-up feature? Otherwise, how does CB notify a user of "likes" made to his/her posts?

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 5 months ago #293914 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Notifications

So I understand that by turning off the Notifications globe icon and pop-up to check notifications I should still expect connection request emails to be sent, assuming I have enabled that feature?

Yes, the notifications provided by CB Activity have nothing to do with any other notifications. It's just a different form of activity.

Also, is there any simple way to enable "likes" to appear in the notifications globe icon/pop-up feature? Otherwise, how does CB notify a user of "likes" made to his/her posts?

No, as I've already explained there are no System Actions in CB Auto Actions for creating notifications at this time. You've no means of knowing if something was liked unless you look at that something.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon