Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Groupjive upgrade

• urbanmoth
  • urbanmoth
7 years 4 months ago #294697 by urbanmoth
Groupjive upgrade was created by urbanmoth
Hi,

I am attempting to upgrade Groupjive. I currently have version 2.7.0 and want to upgrade to the latest version (3.1.1) following an upgrade of CB core from 1.9.1 to 2.1.2.

I followed the instructions in the documentation, disabled all 2.7.0 plugins and installed the new version but the menu still takes me to 2.7.0. l can't seem to get rid of 2.7.0 (no Joomla module) and can't see any reference to 3.1.1 in the CB plugins list. The plugin file seems to install fine (i.e. success message, no errors),

What am I doing wrong?

James.

--
It's life Jim, but not as we know it

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 4 months ago #294719 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Groupjive upgrade
I don't see how it's possible to still have 2.7.0 if 3.x installed successfully. I'm honestly not sure what to suggest. It directly replaces the files for GJ 2.7.0 and they both can not exist at the same time. You could try uninstalling GJ 2.7.0 first, but you'll lose any global parameter changes you've made. Categories and Groups should still be fine though.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• urbanmoth
  • urbanmoth
7 years 4 months ago #294737 by urbanmoth
Replied by urbanmoth on topic Groupjive upgrade
Thanks, I will try what you suggest but before I do is there any sort of installation log file I could look at - from the front end it looks like 3.1.1 installs without a problem but given what you have said, it clearly isn't.

James.

--

• urbanmoth
  • urbanmoth
7 years 4 months ago #294739 by urbanmoth
Can I also confirm...

1. If I uninstall Groupjive 2.7 will this have any impact on the database tables \ group data \ information etc
2. If I install 3.1.1 into a site that has the database tables from 2.7 as above, will these tables work? could any aspect of the 3.1.1 install remove links to group content or remove user - group links from a data perspective?

I am happy to spend time 'repairing' settings \ look feel etc, I just want to make sure I don't end up with a bunch of angry users saying their group content has been impacted \ corrupted \ lost. For information we are a simple site, we only use groups for storing files but they can be a vocal bunch :)

J.

--

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 4 months ago #294746 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Groupjive upgrade

1. If I uninstall Groupjive 2.7 will this have any impact on the database tables \ group data \ information etc

The database is left alone when uninstalling a plugin. The only thing affected is the global configuration of a plugin as that's directly a part of that plugins database row. So GJ > Configuration values would be lost on uninstall.

2. If I install 3.1.1 into a site that has the database tables from 2.7 as above, will these tables work? could any aspect of the 3.1.1 install remove links to group content or remove user - group links from a data perspective?

The 2.7 database will be migrated to 3.x. The migration isn't looking for 2.7 to exist, but that old database columns or tables exist, which would then be migrated.

Please make a full backup before doing this encase results are not as expected. I still have no clue how it could show install was successful, but not be actually installed.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• urbanmoth
  • urbanmoth
7 years 4 months ago #294750 by urbanmoth
Many thanks for that info.
I have now managed to get 3.1.1. installed and on the face of it, all is good.

However, when I log in through the front end and navigate to the users group list I cannot select an individual group - the console is showing the following error:
Code:
JQMIGRATE: Migrate is installed, version 1.4.1 keepalive.js:1 Uncaught ReferenceError: Joomla is not defined at keepalive.js:1 (anonymous) @ keepalive.js:1 jquery.migrate.min.js:1 JQMIGRATE: Migrate is installed with logging active, version 1.4.1 /media/widgetkit/widgets/lightbox/js/lightbox.js?wkv=1.4.6 XHR finished loading: GET "https://focuspsychology.com/media/widgetkit/widgets/lightbox/js/lightbox.js?wkv=1.4.6". /media/widgetkit/widgets/mediaplayer/mediaelement/mediaelement-and-player.js?wkv=1.4.6 XHR finished loading: GET "https://focuspsychology.com/media/widgetkit/widgets/mediaplayer/mediaelement/mediaelement-and-player.js?wkv=1.4.6". jquery.pwebcontact.min.js:11 Uncaught ReferenceError: Joomla is not defined at pwebContact.init (jquery.pwebcontact.min.js:11) at new pwebContact (jquery.pwebcontact.min.js:11) at HTMLDocument.<anonymous> (4-key-legislation-and-research:416) at i (gzip.php:2) at Object.fireWith [as resolveWith] (gzip.php:2) at Function.ready (gzip.php:2) at HTMLDocument.K (gzip.php:2)

I am no coder and this means little to me, any pointers?

James.

--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon