Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Groupjive upgrade

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 4 months ago #294765 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Groupjive upgrade
What do you mean you can't select an individual group? Clicking the logo or the name will take you to the group. This is not powered by JS in any way so your console errors are irrelevant to it working; regardless your console errors are not coming from CB or GJ, but Joomla and 3rd party extensions. See the All Groups page below on our demo site to see what to expect.

demo.cbdemosites.com/addons/cb-groupjive/all-groups

You may need to edit your Joomla menu item to GJ and ensure its a Community Builder > Plugin menutype.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• urbanmoth
  • urbanmoth
7 years 4 months ago #294837 by urbanmoth
Replied by urbanmoth on topic Groupjive upgrade
The behaviour I am seeing when I upgrade to 3.1.1. is that my users can see the group list (those they have access to) but when they click on a group the browser directs them to a blank page (no fronted error).

The site seems to work fine with GroupJive 2.7.0 and this is how I have left it at the moment - In the admin areas CB complains about 2.7.0 being incompatible with the current version of CB but since it works.... :)

Clearly something is out of kilter (I have had to actually delete every GroupJive module I am not using before it would even let me 'upgrade' (see my OP) - I have left only the core GJ plugin and the GJ file plugin installed and published). I will keep working on this and see if I can find out what the problem is since I am sure the incompatibility between CB core and GroupJive 2.7.0 will bite me at some point but at least I have an operational site at the moment so the pressure is off.

Many thanks for your help to date - if any possibility \ idea for the behaviour I am seeing comes to mind, please let me know.

Regards,

James.

--
It's life Jim, but not as we know it

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 4 months ago #294838 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Groupjive upgrade
Going to a blank page is either a routing issue or an actual error occurred. As you've went back to 2.7.0 there's nothing more I can advise. If you decide to upgrade again then try disabling SEO and see if issue persists. If it does enable debug mode and maximum error reporting in Joomla global configuration to see if any errors output when trying to navigate to a group.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon